Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My O (not zero) key is stuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?! HOW?!

How do I fix it?

It just keeps on gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing!
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro

How do I fix it?

Get a replacement treo
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I guess it's back to the sprint store...
    StevenB
  4.    #4  
    It's an unlocked GSM
    i have a problem with my g key not responding so half my crap is missing G on the end of words really annoying

How do I fix it?

Sounds like a personal problem (or blessing).

If things go right I might be showing her my O-face. You know: Oh! Oh!
    pdxdude,

You beat me to it with the "Office Space" reference.

Nice...

"you know, it's like the take a penny dish at 7-11....except we do it a couple of million times"
  8.    #8  
    I was going to make the reference in the original post...but decided to stick with the SERIOUSness of the post :P

My new $700 phone HAS A BAD GOD DAMN KEY!
    My "P" key did kinda the same thing. Very light to the touch and would almost always be pressed. Sprint replaced it no questions asked.

Somewhere else in these forums is a discussion on the P key issue.
    My "g" key is respondin just fine, I am not missin any "g's". This as not been annoyin for me. :-)
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Maybe you need to fix the G before the O will work.

Okay, I'll stop now
    Just started having this problem with the right shift key. When it is "locked" in a pressed mode it does not, of course, repeat any characters on the screen but it essentially *froze* all other keys on the keyboard including the 5-way, the four main buttons, the side buttons and all of the keyboard buttons.

When the device timed out and turned itself off I could use any of the four main buttons to turn my 650 back on but since I couldn't undo the keyguard becuase of hte shift key being stuck the phone would not stay on. The only way I managed was to continuously eject the SD card. That would eventually undo the keyguard (strange) and then it would stay on. Until I managed to get the key "unstuck" the only way I could use the treo was using the touchscreen which, as you can imagine, was pretty limiting.

I just got to Orlando last night for a Disney turf and surf vacation so I won't be able to get a new phone for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I can still use the left shift key and I have keycaps so shifting won't be a problem. Just a few things I will have to remember not to do like use FieldPlus or try to dim the screen using Opt+R.Shift.
    Does HTC make any other telephones with button keyboards? The PPC-660x has that membrane keyboard that doesn't seem to have this problem. TREO 600's didn't either.
    I had the same problem with the P Key. Called Cingular who told me I had to talk to PalmOne who after 30 minutes and asking me to Hard Reset twice told me I had to call Cingular to get a new phone.
    Second rep was very helpful and sending a new phone to replace current. Probably helps that the phone is less than two weeks old.
  15.    #15  
    A Hard Reset to fix a broken key on the keyboard? That's a GENIUS idea!
    A Hard Reset to fix a broken key on the keyboard? That's a GENIUS idea!
    I had my phone replaced because of a bad "g" key. Unlocked GSM. They also told me first to do a hard reset. I said "why", its a physical keyboard problem. They said "just in case". sure....hey it didn't fix it. how about that?

They sent me a new one and I am returning the old.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have to press the "u" key more firmly than the others.
    This keyboard issues are known defects. Another QA failure by F1.

The 600 has the defective batteries/regulators,and the 650s have the keyboard. (p key of doom, etc).

I'm sure they will fix it...just wait 3 months until you get get a "later" produced one, or wait 9 months and get a Treo 700.
  19.    #19  
    New Treo 650 is on its way to me.....from the inept people at PalmOne....
    Otter did you g key not work at all or only repond half the time or stick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast