1.    #1  
    I use the Stowaway keyboard to take notes of lengthy meetings, hearings, etc. and regularly run into the size limitations of the Notepad program -- a very frustrating occurence when trying to feverishly jot notes. I would LOVE to have a replacement program that performs the same functions as Notepad without the document size limitations. Is something like that available (preferably for free)?

If that isn't available, how about modifying Notepad to allow for unlimited size documents?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Originally posted by Morris:
    I use the Stowaway keyboard to take notes of lengthy meetings, hearings, etc. and regularly run into the size limitations of the Notepad program -- a very frustrating occurence when trying to feverishly jot notes. I would LOVE to have a replacement program that performs the same functions as Notepad without the document size limitations. Is something like that available (preferably for free)?

If that isn't available, how about modifying Notepad to allow for unlimited size documents?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Not freeware, but pedit and siblings might be worth a trial. Pedit has a feature call the Sky's the limit that allows you to keep on typing when you reach about 3k. Creates a series of memos. Pedit32 is a sibling that has a 32k limitation, and Paul (pedit author) is about ready to release peditPro which has the features of both programs combined.

Pedit is keyboard friendly in that there are esc key combinations for commands. Hey, check out the website:
    http://www.math.ohio-state.edu/~nevai/palm/

John