1.    #1  
    I have my new unlocked gsm treo, but this is my first smartphone, and I have no idea how, or where I should get phone service. I'm not a heavy phone user, and would be using the internet and email only ocasionally. Can anyone please help me out ?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    You have two nationwide carriers to consider: T-Mobile or Cingular. You probably bought the unlocked version to use on T-Mobile though, right? Otherwise, you could just go out an get a Cingular version.

Just go to a store and sign up for service. Take whatever free phone they offer than has the best resale value. Move the SIM card over to the Treo 650 and you're good to go. Then sell the freebie phone on eBay and make some money to offset the money to spend on the Treo.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by omox
    I have my new unlocked gsm treo, but this is my first smartphone, and I have no idea how, or where I should get phone service. I'm not a heavy phone user, and would be using the internet and email only ocasionally. Can anyone please help me out ?
    Was the Treo a gift?

Not sure why you would invest in such a costly device given your usage expectations.

But, to answer your question, prepaid service with a free (read that "10 hours free") ISP may be sufficient. Then you can dial the ISP for the few occassions when you need email or internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by omox
    You don't use a phone much
    You don't know how to get phone service
    You won't be downloading much email
    You won't be using the internet much

sooooo... you want the Treo for what? As a PIM? If so, get a cheaper Palm device. Why would you go for a $600 Smartphone if you won't be using it as such?

IMHO, of course.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!