1. JJR
    For some reason, my Visor has two City Time icons. On one icon, the globe seems to be slightly larger. I tried deleting one of them and keep getting - "This item may not be deleted. Item is locked or in ROM."

Is there any way to delete one of these?? I have the same question with Datebook and Datebook+. It's annoying to have two icons for the same program.
    The "built-in" apps cannot be deleted from the Visor. I can't figure out why you have 2 icons for CityTime, unless you installed the commercially available version. As for the Datebook/Datebook+ dilemma, I simply created an app category called Misc and put the Datebook app in there as I use Datebook+ (which lives in my Main category) as my default.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
    Originally posted by MarkEagle:
    I simply created an app category called Misc and put the Datebook app in there as I use Datebook+ (which lives in my Main category) as my default.

or you could put Datebook in 'Unfiled' and that way you don't see it as you cycle through your catagories by pressing the 'little house'.
  4. JJR
    Thats what I did Hoser, I left it unfiled, so it doesn't even show up in the ALL directory (I'm using Silver Screen).

It doesn't make much sense to me why I have two icons. I broke my original Visor and got my replacement yesterday. I used the backup module to restore the data...and lo and behold, there are still two damn CityTime icons on my new (different) Visor.

Originally posted by JJR:
    (I'm using Silver Screen).

AH HA! The problem sounded familiar when i first read it earlier today but i didn't know if you were using silver screen. I use SilverScreen aswell and the same thing happened to me when i upgraded the version awhile back. Although it duplicated my MobileDB app.

All you should have to do is exit silverscreen. Turn off your visor. Turn it back on. IF silverscreen doesn't start on it's own, then tap on the 'Silver' app and it'll start up.

That's a silverscreen glitch which should fix itself.

hope it works.

Originally posted by JJR:
    I used the backup module to restore the data...and lo and behold, there are still two damn CityTime icons on my new (different) Visor.

Sorry for the second post. This probably is occuring because you backed up your silverDB file aswell. This is where Silverscreen keeps info on all your apps and something probably went wrong in there originally. Then you backed it up to the module like that, so everytime you restore, that same affected SilverDB gets installed.

You may want to try deleting SilverDB and then exiting silverscreen and restarting it. That should build a new DB but you may have to re-catagorize all your apps again. But that's simple with Silverscreen (I love that program )
  7. JJR
    Ignore this post. Thanks for your help Hoser. Not bad for a Canuck...take off,'eh.

[This message has been edited by JJR (edited 08-03-2000).]
  8. JJR
    Hoser, I can't find the SilverDB file. I think I'm going to try and re-install Silver Screen....
    That probably is the better way. Delete it first from your regular PalmOS display. That way you know it's a fresh install.

But in the long run, it should clear up the double icons.
  10. JJR
    Hoser -

Thanks again. It worked like a charm...