1. MDK
    I've had my SPCS Treo since last May. Love it. Based on watching me, these last several months, my roomie bought a VZW Treo. His came with MMS AND SMS. Why doesn't Sprint offer this too?

With MMS, he has a voice recorder function. Considring it's something so many complain about not having in our Treos, here come VZ with and audio(voice) recorder embedded into the MMS function.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm pissed Sprint hasn't issued another firmware update to include this.

Does anyone know anything more? and just to answer before you ask, the SMS and MMS functions are distinct on his Treo. The SMS is just like my Sprint's.

Thanks,

Matt
    It would be great if there were a list of what apps came with what carriers.
    Verizon has MMS but didn't include any email software or some of the freebie software that other carriers provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by MDK
    I've had my SPCS Treo since last May. Love it. Based on watching me, these last several months, my roomie bought a VZW Treo. His came with MMS AND SMS. Why doesn't Sprint offer this too?

With MMS, he has a voice recorder function. Considring it's something so many complain about not having in our Treos, here come VZ with and audio(voice) recorder embedded into the MMS function.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'm pissed Sprint hasn't issued another firmware update to include this.

Does anyone know anything more? and just to answer before you ask, the SMS and MMS functions are distinct on his Treo. The SMS is just like my Sprint's.

Thanks,

Matt
    What firmware does your Sprint Treo have? I'm pretty sure there was a firmware upgrade that enabled true SMS txt messaging on the Treo and possably MMS. I would check out
    Pa1mOne support and see if you need the updated firmware. (Note: I am a GSM Treo 600 user so I could be talking out of my a$$)

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  4. MDK
    The firmware question is a good one. I do have the one and only Sprint FW patch loaded. Unless...god forbid...they have released a second one I never heard about.

1.20-SPR
    no update, and no MMS on Treo 650 Sprint......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    reverendrhino, I think they are talking Treo 600.....
    Yes I know, but I gave my Sis my brand new 600, so I keep up with the 600 too....but I still don't get MMS on either phone.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Sprint (for some reason) doesn't support the MMS inter-carrier standard. They use "picture mail" that is SPCS only. The main benefits are an online picture wallet (you can upload, view, and send hundreds of photos you've taken at anytime). Also, it's unlimited send and receive for everyone, unlike MMS.

In order to send a photo to/from Sprint and other carriers, you both need to use a web-based service such as www.pixtopix.com. I use it w/my Sprint 650 to others that have Verizon, Cingular, etc. When a pic is received, the user gets an SMS message with a weblink where they can go to the internet and view the photo on their phone. Kinda cumbersome, but it's a solution...
    Yes pixtopix.com is a good thing. Now if we can just send video/audio to other carriers....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I use SMS on my Sprint Treo 600 phone all the time and purchased sound rec for a voice recorder available at infinityball.com