1.    #1  
    This has me really confused.

First, I can't edit the voicemail number on the speed dial like others. Soft reseting doesn't let me do it like some others had. What is so confusing is that I have no voicemail number (or anything for that matter) on my SIM, so I have no idea where it got (the correct) number to dial anyway. What is very strange is that on my last phone I had programed in a pause to dial my password when it connected. This "p" and my password somehow made it onto the Treo! I have no idea how that happened. Somehow I need to change the "p" to the , for a pause on the Treo (my last phone used a p). How on earth do I change this and where is this information stored?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    This has me really confused.

First, I can't edit the voicemail number on the speed dial like others. Soft reseting doesn't let me do it like some others had. What is so confusing is that I have no voicemail number (or anything for that matter) on my SIM, so I have no idea where it got (the correct) number to dial anyway. What is very strange is that on my last phone I had programed in a pause to dial my password when it connected. This "p" and my password somehow made it onto the Treo! I have no idea how that happened. Somehow I need to change the "p" to the , for a pause on the Treo (my last phone used a p). How on earth do I change this and where is this information stored?
    If you have a Cingular phone, this information is supposed to be sent to your phone OTA (over the air) by Cingular. However, if you have a Gemplus 64K SIM in your phone, it is a known issue that the VM number update is not working properly. They are working on that. Here is a link to the palmOne support forum and an explanation of a workaround.

http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ostID=20159264
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Highlight the voicemail speed dial icon and press the menu key>select edit favorite button>tap more and you can correct the extra digits.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the response, ZBoater.

I have an AT&T 650 and don't have trouble accessing my voicemail, the problem is how
    do I edit the number so I can change the "p" to a , for a pause? Somehow the information got into my Treo from somewhere since AT&T doesn't OTA voicemail numbers with your password on it. And clearly the "p" is the pause I put in from my last phone. But since I don't have anything in my SIM (that I can see) it must be coming over during HotSync?
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Highlight the voicemail speed dial icon and press the menu key>select edit favorite button>tap more and you can correct the extra digits.
    Yeah, that works, although the "extra" digits with the "pause" from my old phone arent there, but adding a , and my password does work.

I just popped in an old SIM I had lying around and the voicemail number changed, so indeed it's getting it from my SIM somehow, I guess I can't edit it on my SIM?

I guess maybe I have to do an OTA to get that extra garbage cleared out
  6.    #6  
    UPDATE: In case anyone else has this problem. My old phone apparently had the ability to edit the actual voicemail number on my SIM. I don't think that is supposed to happen since that number is supposed to be hardcoded on your SIM. Anyway, my old phone had modified the VM number on my SIM and the only way to fix this was to have Cingular Blue OTA my SIM with an updated VM number. Then I add the digits in the "edit" section of the speed dial and it all works fine.

While I wasn't having the same "reset" issues on my phone, sometimes when I tried to edit the speed dial (to add the digits) my phone locked hard requiring a manual reset.