Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Hi. Just installed/used missing sync. It worked well but prompted a few questions. It synced iCal and address book but I noticed that some of the newer address book entries were missing. Has anyone had this before?

Also, if I have the "media" conduit selected, will (and where to) will it sync the photos from the phone?

I have the iSync conduit checked, assuming this was the best way to sync iCal and Address Book.

Do I even need the Palm desktop or hot sync software?

What's your recommendation for creating to-do lists on my Treo and/or Powerbook and keeping them synced?

Lastly, is it safest to delete any conduits I don't plan on using, such as those for the Palm calendar and address book?

Thanks!
    Where is the Media Conduit? I don't have that one.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    It is in my list of conduits, just after Mark/Space Memo Pad. I assumed it was part of Missing Sync since I've only installed it, iSync and Palm Hot Sync/Desktop.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickl
    Hi. Just installed/used missing sync. It worked well but prompted a few questions. It synced iCal and address book but I noticed that some of the newer address book entries were missing.
    Do you mean *entries* or actual fields within entries? Do all address book fields get added to the Palm address book database?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    The media conduit is installed when you install the palm desktop and other software that comes with the Treo. It isn't installed if you start from scratch with missing sync. You have to install missing sync after installing the included software to get the media conduit. Not sure if it is needed though since Missing Sync supports all that stuff a different way.
    missing sync uses an itunes plugin and an iphoto plugin - probably you want to just use those and put the media conduit (which is part of palm desktop, not part of missing sync) in the disabled conduit folder.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Finally (I think got it all working). I deleted everything - Palm software, isync and Missing Sync. Reinstalled Palm software and iSync - played with the settings as listed on the palm website and both iCal and Address book backed up fine. I had previously used a palm505 and I think there may have been remnants on my computer. I'm not currently using Missing Sync - I suppose I might reinstall it, disable all conduits and just use it to access the SD card directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsman
    The media conduit is installed when you install the palm desktop and other software that comes with the Treo. It isn't installed if you start from scratch with missing sync. You have to install missing sync after installing the included software to get the media conduit. Not sure if it is needed though since Missing Sync supports all that stuff a different way.
    Just how good is The Missing Sync. If I don't use AvantGo or need to mount my SD card on my desktop, do I really need it? I've seen the comparison chart, but what really interests me is whether The Missing Sync works more consistently than HotSync.
    Biggest problem I had with HotSync was randomly trying to reload everything.
    Bug with Missing Sync is that you sometimes have to do a restart if you want to re-sync.

You can use AvantGo without Missing Sync. Download the Mal conduit from AvantGo site.

I use Palm Desktop so the only real advantage is slightly more reliable syncing.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I tried Missing Sync and had problems - I'm sure it was more me not doing it correctly than the software, but I found that I had better luck with iSync/Hot Sync. Plus, when I purchased my SD card, a card reader was included so I just pop the SD card into it for desktop access.