Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    In between the several hard-resets that I've done to my Treo 650 I stumbled upon a featuare that displays the number of new messages to the left of the time on the phone screen. Try as I may I haven't been able to figure out how to get this display to return. Does anyone know how to make this show up again?
  2. #2  
    i think that only pops up when you missed an event. like an sms you didnt OK or missed a phone call.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3. #3  
    It should automatically show new messages in that line and it will also show new unread email messages. But once you read them it won't show any. Send yourself a message or email and see if it shows up.

    Quote Originally Posted by trhuseby
    In between the several hard-resets that I've done to my Treo 650 I stumbled upon a featuare that displays the number of new messages to the left of the time on the phone screen. Try as I may I haven't been able to figure out how to get this display to return. Does anyone know how to make this show up again?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  4.    #4  
    Yes I do get the MMS/SMS indicator.. but there is a spot between that indicator and the time.. I remember it saying I had 27 new messages.
  5. #5  
    Did you get any emails in Versamail? I get a count and a little envelope in that line (don't remember exactly where) for new emails also.

    Quote Originally Posted by trhuseby
    Yes I do get the MMS/SMS indicator.. but there is a spot between that indicator and the time.. I remember it saying I had 27 new messages.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  6.    #6  
    Yes I sent myself EMAILs to my versamail accounts (I have two). Nothing is showing up in the status line. It used to. I need to know where this feature get's switched on or what I'm doing wrong.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trhuseby
    Yes I sent myself EMAILs to my versamail accounts (I have two). Nothing is showing up in the status line. It used to. I need to know where this feature get's switched on or what I'm doing wrong.
    I believe that versamail updates that count after a successful autosync. If your not using autosync, then you will not see a count there.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  8. #8  
    What about Snappermail users? Do we get to see the little message indicator??
  9. #9  
    Dunno. I didn't have snapper long enough to notice. I would think it's possible for them to access that API but have no idea if they did.

    -X
    Xathros

    SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  10. #10  
    If you have two Versamail accounts, I believe it shows the new mails in the ACTIVE one. That is, when you go to Versamail, the account that is shown is the one that would be shown with new email numbers. If it's the second account then nothing would be shown. Make that account active and then it would show up in the phone app.

    As far as I know there is no way to make this active or inactive, it just shows it there.

    Quote Originally Posted by trhuseby
    Yes I sent myself EMAILs to my versamail accounts (I have two). Nothing is showing up in the status line. It used to. I need to know where this feature get's switched on or what I'm doing wrong.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  11. #11  
    don't even have to hotsync....get your mail and don't read it....then your msg indicater will be there...
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    What about Snappermail users? Do we get to see the little message indicator??
    Nope. P1 needs to expose this function to 3rd party developers according to the Snappermail forum on Yahoo.
  13. #13  
    I use chatter email and it works when chatter is set as the default email app. The notification basically works fine though the count is sometimes off and it sometimes says I have new email when I don't. (and I don't have any sms or other email).
  14.    #14  
    Everyone, thank you for your help. The problem was that I have goodlink installed and it was the default EMAIL app (the last post clued me off to this). Once I set the default EMAIL app to Versamail presto! I got my message count.
  15. kevroc's Avatar
    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #15  
    Press and hold the center button??

Posting Permissions