1.    #1  
    PalmOne doesn't sell an extended warranty for the Treo650. Seems like a good idea for such a device, doesn't it? What do y'all recommend?
    What carrier? Sprint offers extended warranty coverage for $2 a month, insurance against damage for $3 a month ($5 for both--no discount for bundling).
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Yes, Sprint's hardware insurance is good. Heck, you can just tell them you lost it when the battery dies, and BAM, new phone, new battery. They limit you to how many times you can do this, but I did the example above on an older cell and they couldn't replace it so I got an upgrade
    Can you get a warranty through your carrier even if you bought through PalmOne? I have T-Mobile - thx!
    palmOne - Support - Warranty Information (U.S.)

One Year Warranty details

I want an alternative to Lockline! (I have Sprint)

PalmOne offers extended coverage for every device EXCEPT THE TREO.
    This plan is available on palmOne handheld devices only at this time.
    Maybe if enough people express a desire for an Extended Warranty option from PalmOne they will offer it?

This Treo Warranty/Insurance game is in dire need of more competition!
    Typically, it's up to the wireless carriers to support and offer warranties on mobile handsets/ smartphones offered on their networks. However, when they do not, it would be nice to PalmOne to step up....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Sprinters, Be happy you can get Lockline insurance/extended service with sprint for $5.00/month. Cingular does not cover any PDA phone. Lockline people told me to ask Cingular to remove my insurance because they will not replace my phone if something were to happen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidfuse
    Can you get a warranty through your carrier even if you bought through PalmOne? I have T-Mobile - thx!
    Best bet is to call Tmo and ask. With Sprint, the answer is yes, but I don't know about Tmo.
    Bob Meyer
    I wonder if any store that offers extended coverage would offer it to someone that did not purchase with the store?

To me paying over $100 in a year to cover a $600 device (just in case) is not a great deal... ($60 + decutable $50.)
    Well, Sprint's deductible isn't necessarily $50. If you exercise the insurance, to replace a phone you lost or damaged, there's a $50 deductible. But if you exercise the extended warranty to replace a defective phone after the 1st year is up, there's only a $10 processing fee. And Sprint's extended warranty coverage is only $2 a month.

So if you don't want to insure the phone, only get longer warranty coverage, it's $24 a year + a $10 fee.

To answer your question, I doubt it. But extended warranties are real money makers for places like Best Buy and CC, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Just be real sure to read the fine print on the contract before you buy. Don't rely on the verbal description the store clerk gives you. Many have discovered a Grand Canyon sized gap between what they've been told and the actual coverage.
    Bob Meyer
  11.    #11  
    Is Locklilne only available through a cellphone provider? What are owners of the GSM unlocked Treo 650 to do?