1.    #1  
    before i go out and buy another mail app, i've already got these two. which one will do the job better? i'm going to set it up with my gmail acct. ps- i know very little about what i'm doing here with this palm...just a noob. thanks
    I would give both a try to see which one works best for you. If you have gmail only, both should work fine getting email from a single account. Versamail is notoriously buggy, but I have it working with 3 pop accounts not doing any synching with my PC, and it seems to be working fine. I tried Xpressmail but found their client to be a little plain, and could not get the SMS alerts to work. I have settled on ChatterEmail for my work mail and Versamail for my personal POP accounts.

Since you already have Versamail and XpressMail free, try them out. You might like one of them and have no need to buy anything. I would start with Versamail, as you dont have to sign up for anything. With XpressMail you have to log into the XpressMail site and set up an account and configure it there. With Versamail, set up the account right on your Treo.

Good luck!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    i have been using xpressmail personal (cingular customer) for about 2 weeks now and have found it to be a positive experience. you can find much more detail concerning the two products if you search the boards, but bascially xpressmail "pushes" your mail, and versamail "pulls" your mail at scheduled intervals. if you have a laptop as your main computer that you use with your treo, you might consider using versamail because for xpressmail to work, your computer must be on at all times connected to your network server with outlook (or whatever email program you use) up and running to receive emial on your treo. i have a desktop at the office so it's no problem with leaving it on and connected. versamail connects directly to the server in receive your email.

hope that helps - let us know if you have any other questions.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    Zboater - i figured out how to get the SMS alerts to work, at least I think I did. i noticed that when i was not "locking" my desktop when i left the SMS was not getting sent. but when i began locking my computer when i left the office i got the SMS alerts everytime - usually quicker then the email was being pushed to my 650. maybe that helps you, maybe it doesn't - but i thought i would throw it out there nonetheless.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33