Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble finding some of the streams I want in MP3 format. Can PTunes stream the other format types that are listed as plugins? I have MP3, WMA, WAV.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    OGG Vorbis.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    OGG Vorbis.

Really it can?! AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Ptunes$ $can$ $stream$ $mp3$ $and$ $shoutcast$ $streams$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There are supposedly a view ogg streams out there in the great unknown.

I asked the developer about aacPlus and the response I got indicated that ogg was a streamable option.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    How do you stream MP3's? There are several websites that have mp3 streams that I want to listen to but when I select that the stream it says its to large. I get shoutcast to work no problem just not mp3, what am I doing wrong?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superjimbo801
    There are supposedly a view ogg streams out there in the great unknown.

I asked the developer about aacPlus and the response I got indicated that ogg was a streamable option.
    went and found some examples of streaming ogg. Here's one from Virgin FM in London:

http://ogg.smgradio.com/vc32.ogg

Kind of cool listening to them in upstate ny... one thing I've noticed is that I can get decent sounding Stereo at 27 Kbps, whereas MP3 will most likely be in Mono at that rate. I'm told it's the compression of Ogg, and at that speed, virtually zero buffering. sweet
    I can't get that to stream. It gets to buffering but then nothing happens.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Here was my source for that link: http://www.mikesradioworld.com/eu_uk.html

There's several ogg streaming stations listed on that page.
    I was able to get it to stream in ogg by going to the mikesradioworld. It really does work better. No buffering at the lowest stream rate, full stereo. I have a 650 on t-mobile, with no Edge service nearby. I did need to hit the play button again after the buffering was complete to get the music to play.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscBill
    I did need to hit the play button again after the buffering was complete to get the music to play.
    I've experienced that a few times as well. Wonder if ptunes could address that. Its nice to have another streaming option, though so far I've only been able to find european adopters.
    To get to streaming music do you have to use the web browser to get it started?? I have been fooling with PTunes deluxe and I cant see any way to view available streams from within PTunes.

Whats a good website to get streams?
    Has anyone found means of playing streaming Real Player format (.smil or .ram)?

My search started when trying to find a way to watch/listen to NASA TV with my nephew during the recent shuttle/ISS flight.

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / TMO / FW 1.31
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss

My search started when trying to find a way to watch/listen to NASA TV with my nephew during the recent shuttle/ISS flight.

Greg

Not that I've found. I think ptunes is working on it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss

Greg

slimserver can re-encode an MP3 stream to a lower bitrate for you, maybe it can also re-encode a different format to MP3? If it doesn't you can try requesting that from the developers, its open source.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650