Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Currently, my Phone App needs 2 seconds to load up. I am using an Unlocked GSM Treo 650.

I've found that the Phone App only needs 1 second to load up, if I hard-reset the phone.

One possible slow down is using wall-paper instead of the default dialpad.

What are the other possibilities?
    If you are in versamail, and have it set to auto disconnect from your data connection, and then hit the phone button, the screen will go blank for 2-3 seconds before the phone app appears. This is Versamail shutting down the data connection without the courtesy of a status window or message.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Thanks. But I am simply talking about switching between the built-in launcher and the Phone App, for example. That doesn't involve Versamail.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    It's really bad when switching to the Phone app from the Web app. I've learned to live with it.

Joe
    I've noticed the same problem on Sprint phone -- no Versamail. There is always an annoying delay to switch to the phone app. Anyone have any ideas?
    I thought it might be that the phone was looking for signal or something. I turned off the radio and it is still slow going from any other app to the phone app.
    Quote Originally Posted by masonuc
    I've noticed the same problem on Sprint phone -- no Versamail. There is always an annoying delay to switch to the phone app. Anyone have any ideas?
    Im guessing that the phone app is checking something before it starts, and the developers did not think of adding a "please wait" or some other message while its doing it. When Versamail is set to autodisconnect, and you go to another app, it does the same thing - it lags for 2-3 seconds. What it is doing is disconnecting the data connection, which is great, but a little message would be nice. I am guessing the phone app is trying to verify a valid voice connection or something, and it takes a second or two to do that.

Just guessing.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    If I hard-reset the phone, the Phone App will be faster to load up! So I don't think it's related to the signal.

I have some mails in my Versamail. Is it possible that this would slow down the Phone App, as the Phone App needs to display the number of new e-mails in my Versamail?
    Quote Originally Posted by asiayeah
    I have some mails in my Versamail. Is it possible that this would slow down the Phone App, as the Phone App needs to display the number of new e-mails in my Versamail?
    I took your lead and deleted the preference to show emails on the phone screen. Did nothing to speed up the phone loading. I'm thinking it's a problem of a certain app or something held over from 600 upgrade.

So questions for those who are having this problem.

Did you upgrade from 600?

What are some of your major programs?

My answers:

Yes

Chatter (not causing it), Versamail (ditto), Launcher X, Vindigo, Profiles, Documents to Go, lots of games. Also I'm using all but 1-2 MB of memory.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    I was not upgrading from Treo 600.

I've installed some 3rd party apps, but I have tried deleting all of them (using built-in launcher) with no help. I think it's related to the built-in apps.