1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum but I recently received my Treo 650 from Cingular.

Problem: My Treo 650 turns off almost everyday so far and I am unable to turn it on again using the Phone and On/Off keys. I must do a soft reboot or pull out the battery.

Are any of you experiencing the same problem? Any quick fix?
    I think you definitely have a defective unit. Don't waste your time, take it back to the store immediately.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
  3.    #3  
    Darn, I was hoping I could find a fix. I'm giving Palm a call.
    I do not beleave it is hardware I think it is just locking up when it is in standby it just started doing it to after having the hone for some time
    Mine does this as well every so often. I think it's a software issue. I've learned to live with it.
    Mine will do this overnight. I'll try to turn it on first thing in the morning, and it won't turn on. Something overnight is running, and freezing the unit.
  7.    #7  
    Well, mine does this every couple of hours. I'm sending in for a new one.
    www.MrCheapStuff.com - Online Coupons and Hot Deals
  8.    #8  
    Dissapointed, I waited so long for my Palm Treo 650. I'm debating if I should get another phone or just hold out for a Palm 700?
    www.MrCheapStuff.com - Online Coupons and Hot Deals
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Replace the phone,
    I had this same issue with a Sprint Treo, it would go to sleep then fall into a coma and not wake up.
    This issue appears to be a bit more widespread than you might think, there have been a number of small threads here on about the issue, but not one that's stayed on the main page long enough to build a concensus.

I tracked the problem with mine down to a signal strength issue. In areas of strong coverage, the problem rarely occured. But in areas of weak signal it would happen about every 30 minutes.

Good luck!