1.    #1  
    Does anyone know when the movianVPN client will be available? It seems to be the only one that will support the "Cisco PIX® firewall" gateway.
    Once that is available, I will be completely untethered from my corp acct.
    I thought it was out and they cancelled it? it was posted here, you might want to try mergic VPN www.mergic.com
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    There was a thread in communications that located the Movian client.
  4. gdb
    If you dig, there is a distributor in the UK that has the distribution license for it. I think they are selling licenses for around $120 USD. I found the distributor from the Certicom site.
    the mergic VPN client works great on the Treo600. Has anyone tried it on the 650?
    Carl
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    the mergic VPN client works great on the Treo600. Has anyone tried it on the 650?
    But does the Mergic VPN client supports Cisco PIX Firewall/Concentrator 3000?
    I use Mergic VPN on the 650 almost daily ...... works great .......
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    But does the Mergic VPN client supports Cisco PIX Firewall/Concentrator 3000?
    It works great with Cisco PiX either
    the mergic vpn only works with PPTP (point to point tunnel protocol) VPNs. most Cisco PIX firewalls run IPSec only. Some people do opt to use a pix with pptp but they are few and far between. if you use the windows built in vpn client- it's pptp or l2tp (mergic). if you need a cisco vpn client to connect to the vpn- you need movian ipsec client. i have not gotten it to work with a concentrator 3000 using xauth. however it does work with most configurations- mine is complicated due to way too many layers of security
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    OK, sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm new to this VPN stuff. I just downloaded the Mergic trial and connected to my work server just fine. Now how do I actually get a screen to show up? On my home desktop, I use Remote Desktop...is there some equivalent version for Palm?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Acoustic - Sounds like you're after PalmVNC, Mobile Terminal Services, or something of that ilk. A quick search on those should provide links. I use Mobile TS.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by fushigi
    Acoustic - Sounds like you're after PalmVNC, Mobile Terminal Services, or something of that ilk. A quick search on those should provide links. I use Mobile TS.
    Thanks, fushigi. I think that's what I need. I'm trying the PalmVNC and I'm a bit confused...does it use Mergic's connection or only it's own connection. I can't connect using PalmVNC's connection settings, whereas Mergic is no problem. What do people do who use Mergic to connect?
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 02/23/2005 at 03:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    The Cisco Pix firewall can easily be configured to support PPTP. I've done it here at work and have the Mergic VPN client on my Treo650. Works just fine.

Yes, I'd rather have an IPSEC tunnel like the rest of the VPN stuff we have on that Pix, but hey..it works!
    yea, at my workplace- our security department is ape over anything that isn't at least 3des encrypted with 3 modes of authentication. Hooray for sarb-ox
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Acoustic - Mergic's connection should get you into your secured/office LAN. Once that connection has been established, PalmVNC or MobileTS or whatever can be run to connect to the machine(s) in question.

Of course, your office network might be configured to not pass VNC or TS connections from the VPN to the LAN. Some companies restrict access to resources when the connecting device comes in via VPN. Does regular VNC (or Term Services) work from a VPN-connected PC? If so, it should work on the Treo.

Kenundrum - Sarbanes-Oxley (we call it SOX) has really forced a lot of companies to firm up their access policies & procedures. In reality, this is a good and long overdue thing. A SOX-compliant company should be far less susceptible to the types of things that brought down Enron. IT actually doesn't get much of a mention directly, however IT is hugely impacted since we are the data access, retention, & security folks.
    - Fushigi
    just a clarification - is there no bundled VPN client in Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    The Cisco Pix firewall can easily be configured to support PPTP. I've done it here at work and have the Mergic VPN client on my Treo650. Works just fine.

Yes, I'd rather have an IPSEC tunnel like the rest of the VPN stuff we have on that Pix, but hey..it works!
    Hello,

I configure my Pix using PDM, but I got on error on the Treo 650 when I try to connect: no server config response, possible firewall or NAT block (0x870E).

How did you configure your Pix. I have version 6.3(3).

Thanks