Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Agreed - send it back. Actually, you should contact them and ask them how to proceed, noting that you will not pay to send it back; they need to send you a pre-paid shipping label of some sort.
    wow there are some uptight ppl in here and I am sure u all do the right thing every time every one here is scaryed to say the wrong thing lol I would keep it till some asked for it back and I don't thing thay can bill u for 2 phones u are not the one that messed the shipping in the frist place and I am sure all u good ppl have some good deeds u may have forget and have better things to then giving this man ****
    obviously you dont believe in honesty...mistakes happen...and well think of it on their end...everything has to balance...without a balance things get skewed...things get skewed and we feel the pain...albeit it 1 unit...still...its the honest thing and noble thing to do....
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You need to call PalmOne, if that's where it was ordered from, to let them know you have received it and would like to send it back to them. Make sure that they do NOT try to bill you for the extra one while waiting for it to be returned. Have them pay for shipping it, and return the phone. I wouldn't give them any identifying information until they have agreed to not charge you for the extra phone. I had another company try to charge my card in a situation just like this one. They claimed I was trying to commit fraud (even though I called THEM to report the extra phone). Just watch your own A-Double scribble and do what really is right.

However, if they act unreasonable, keep it and sell it. Pocket the money and tell them to screw off.
  5.    #25  
    Ok I wont respond to those who called me a thief. I have read on this board how you want SM no disrespect SM to crack or find way to enable thing that Palm wanted disabled, or unlock phones that have been refused by provider so who is stealing. I'll return it. Your loss $5.00 a ticket to win a device like this. Ha!. I will say this if anyone stealing it the wireless providers. How many different media quotes did we see posted on this board, and when you see a work around they pull the service from thier site. Keep kissing up untile your device crash. and you still pay a full months bill with no compensation. No hard feelings just venting since I got orders to report overseas and they wont unlock my phone. How american of AT&T/CING
    wow...tough crowd. I guess braggin bout fraud aint a good thing either. Anyway...lets keep flaming this thread and keep it alive! yeah! jp. long night. good night.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noone
    wow there are some uptight ppl in here and I am sure u all do the right thing every time every one here is scaryed to say the wrong thing lol I would keep it till some asked for it back and I don't thing thay can bill u for 2 phones u are not the one that messed the shipping in the frist place and I am sure all u good ppl have some good deeds u may have forget and have better things to then giving this man ****
    Of course they can bill you for it!

You accepted it and have it in your possesion. You made no effort to inform them of their mistake. Legally, you'd have no ground.

Do what you want with it, but to come here and act like you aren't doing something dishonest is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by paridah
    Ok I wont respond to those who called me a thief. I have read on this board how you want SM no disrespect SM to crack or find way to enable thing that Palm wanted disabled, or unlock phones that have been refused by provider so who is stealing. I'll return it. Your loss $5.00 a ticket to win a device like this. Ha!. I will say this if anyone stealing it the wireless providers. How many different media quotes did we see posted on this board, and when you see a work around they pull the service from thier site. Keep kissing up untile your device crash. and you still pay a full months bill with no compensation. No hard feelings just venting since I got orders to report overseas and they wont unlock my phone. How american of AT&T/CING
    I tired to read your tirade, but gave up.

A thief and illiterate....what a combo.

Report overseas? Extradition to another country for another crime? ;-)

If you are part of the military, you are an embarrassment to all those in uniform.
    I don't think people are being tough, I just think people ( myself included ) are tired of dishonesty and get ticked off all the more when folks want to brag about it.

Anyone remember "newtreoguy" boasting right before Christmas about his "free Treo"??? LINK TO THAT THREAD

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    paridah please contact me in refrence to that phone i have an interesting charity you may want to donate it to....pm me though
    Ok I wont respond to those who called me a thief. I have read on this board how you want SM no disrespect SM to crack or find way to enable thing that Palm wanted disabled
    Yeah, I also might change the intake or exhaust plumbing on my car for more HP than the mfg. intended because I paid for the car and therefore own it. Tweaking a device you own to enhance its performance is not stealing; keeping an second unit that was sent to you in good faith by a retailer who believed the first had been lost in transit is definitely stealing.

Also, being a scumbag and screwing them for trying to get the product in your hands ASAP will simply encourage Cingular or P1 or whoever you are robbing to tell the next person whose shipment disappears "well, why don't you wait another week and see if it shows up?"
    PEG N760C>Treo 600>iPaq4350>Zaurus SL-5600>Zaurus SL-6000L>Treo 650
    Common attitude among people who think it's ok to steal software or services but not to steal hardware. Many Treos were sold with Bluetooth DUN disabled. If you bought it that way, you got it at a cash discount over those who bought it enabled at the same time. Now you want it enabled for free. If you think that's ok, then lighten up on this dude with the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdiver
    ... Many Treos were sold with Bluetooth DUN disabled. If you bought it that way, you got it at a cash discount over those who bought it enabled at the same time...
    What? All the CDMA models were disabled! There was no discount, it was a Sprint thing!

K
    Great. The message stands. You bought it, you did NOT pay for the extra functionality, you want it for free now. If you want hold to the "change the intake or exhaust plumbing on my car" analogy above, go buy software to enable the functionality. Don't support hacking rom to enable functionality you never bought. Or if you do support that, get off this guys back. It's hypocritical.
    Wow, lots of "honest" people on here.... lol, at least half of em would wait to see if P1 charged them and if not, ebay it.... You're all a bunch of liars.

The sh1tty part is when you call Palm One to return the thing they'll be like "yeah sure, send it here _______." "Can I get a return shipping label?" Either you get a "no sorry", or a "sure we'll send one right away" (followed by you never getting it in the mail).... Then you either eat the return postage, or get charged for the extra phone cause now they know you got it And does P1 give you a 25% coupon or credit or something as a reward? Hell no. You gotta go outta your way and waste your hard earned time dropping the thing off at UPS because of your honesty and their screwup! F em..

Yeah, I'm angry tonite!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepdiver
    Or if you do support that, get off this guys back. It's hypocritical.
    The two things aren't even close to being in the same league. Hacking something I own is not the same as keeping something I don't.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    The two things aren't even close to being in the same league. Hacking something I own is not the same as keeping something I don't.
    Like hacking your cable box to steal cable? You're stealing DUN functionality

seriously, what are you trying to say here?
    i'm kinda lost.....

'report overseas'...uhm, are you an agent or what?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Absolutely, Joebar. Spot on.
    How would you feel if you *lost* your phone someday and someone got it unlocked and didnt return it even though they had a chance and you still had to pay for it, sooner or later what comes around goes around...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast