Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you had your Gemplus 64K smartchip replaced with an Axalto one, post here. I'd like to know if your VM and reset issues have disappeared after the switch. Thanks!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I've just had my chip switched and my vm number's been fix. my phone still resets every time I answer an incoming call though.
    I had it replaced and now my VM issue is gone and so far no more resets.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    50% of the time I would get a reboot on incoming calls, during calls, outgoing calls & when connecting to voicemail. I had a Gemplus 64k SIM. Over 48 hrs ago, I swapped it for a Gemplus 32k (the store didn't have the Axalto) & I have not had a single reboot.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I called several Cingular locations this morning, looking for an Axalto SIM chip (the number on the back of the chip itself ends with "A" instead of "G"). Most of the locations were pretty clueless, although helpful once I explained everything and looked through their SIM chips. A couple of the locations were aware of the issue from the P1 e-mail that went out.

I finally found a location that had the "A" chips in stock. I went out there about five hours ago and had it swapped. At first they wanted to charge me $25 to change it (this wasn't the same store that sold me the 650), but quickly relented when I argued.

Before the swap, my Treo reset on every single incoming call when Chatter was running. I also had the voicemail issue, as well as corrupted text messages that would come through. Since I got the new SIM chip, the voicemail has been stable, text messages have been normal, and I've not had a single reset even with Chatter running.

Of course, it has only been a few hours. However this is already a huge improvement, seeing that before I had constant resets without fail. I'm thrilled so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    50% of the time I would get a reboot on incoming calls, during calls, outgoing calls & when connecting to voicemail. I had a Gemplus 64k SIM. Over 48 hrs ago, I swapped it for a Gemplus 32k (the store didn't have the Axalto) & I have not had a single reboot.
    Ditto!

(Hey Kirby)
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    hey jszobody, what city are you in? i called a bunch of places around me and nobody had any clue what i was talking about
    I'm in St Charles, IL. About an hour west of Chicago. As I mentioned, most folks didn't know what I meant. But I patiently asked them to take out a SIM card, and look at the back of the card, and tell me the number that they saw. I then asked them to look for one that ended with an "A". I expected them to be annoyed and frusterated, but every single rep that I spoke with was extremely helpful. One guy looked through 75 SIM chips (he only had "G").
    Just wanted to start a related thread to the 64K sim thread. Please let the rest of the mebers know how your Axalto 64K sim card is working.

Is your P1 T650, stable, no issues ( ie. VM, Lockup, auto rebooting).

Thanks in advance
    Hey Crusin, try this thread
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Just remember, this will not fix all the problems, as some of the issues lie with the Treos.
    <merged>
    Is this only with Cingular 650's? I have an unlocked and the Gemplus card. I can not tell you about the voice mail being screwed since I have not had it (yet?). The one problem with my VM was when I had the VM password string attached. Swapped phones fixed the # and haven't had a problem. It soft resets only when I have a progam look for something I know is not there.
    I switched both 650"s to Axalto 64K SIMS, one of phones went into a perpetual Network Search, I had to do a soft reset before putting in the new SIM, rep mentioned that I should change the other one too, since it is a matter of time before that stops working too, both phonesd seems to be working fine, no resets, no VM issue, nor problems at all till now. Got the SIMS at BAltimore, MD store. Let me know if you want number for store.
    Could this be related to Agendus Pro? I have read that v. 9.02 has some weird issues with SMS's and soft resets. Just wondering.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    IOMATIC, Can you elaborate on what these other problems are?? I just purchased a Cingular Treo 650 and am plagued by the soft reset even after swapping out the Gemstar SIM for an Axalto SIM.
    Thanks!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by primitivo56
    IOMATIC, Can you elaborate on what these other problems are?? I just purchased a Cingular Treo 650 and am plagued by the soft reset even after swapping out the Gemstar SIM for an Axalto SIM.
    Thanks!
    This has been discussed thoroughly in this forum. If you are having issues with your Treo, you should start by making sure it works "out of the box". Do a hard reset and use the phone like that. Does it reset? Well, then you either have a bad SIM or a bad phone, in either case you need to get your carrier to exchange one or the other.

If your phone works fine without any resets, then you can start by hotsyncing your PIM data - calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. Don't load any software yet. Some PIM databases may have some corruption that causes resets. If you can hotsync your PIM data without resets, check your calendar, create new entries, resync and still no resets, you are on a roll.

THEN you can start by adding new apps, one at a time. Use if for a little while. Make calls. Receive calls. Use the web. Make sure the phone is working and stable BEFORE you install new apps.

If you are going to install many new apps, invest in Uninstall Manager (www.northglide.com) and BackupBuddy (www.bluenomad.com). These will let you remove software cleanly and backup your Treo often in case you need to restore in a pinch.

The SIM is just one of several things that can cause resets, but for those of us who have worked around all the software-related issues, the SIM is the last resort before we blame the Treo and get a replacement.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  18. lms
    ZBOATER;

After a hard reset everything works mostly perfectly for me (wacked VM number occasionally). But, after my first synch, I get resets if the phone rings when the display is off, and when the display is on, I get resets when the phone rings and I try to answer it or ignore it.

Note that my first synch includes a completely virgin install of the palmOne desktop - no contacts, no appts, no memos, no nothing except for what's on the installation CD. And, I'm on my second phone with identical results.

Are you saying the SIM swap isn't the right thing yet? 'Cause I think at this point it's my only (and last) recourse.

Thanks.

Larry
    Thanks for the reply ZBoater. You guys have way more patience and dedication than I do. I'm sure I could get my 650 to work eventually, I just don't have the time (or patience) to devote to it. Thanks again for all your help on this discussion board. You guys have been very helpful!
    My wife and I both have the 64k Axalto SIMs in our Cingular T650s (both UNlocked with code from Cingular tech support), and have no voicemail or phone problems (other than poor volume from T650 speaker [known issue compared to T600]). There are still some 'features' on the T650 that are different and not necessarily improvements, but we're doing OK.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast