Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    In NYC, the Cingular store at 78 Street & Broadway had them. I switched mine on Monday and it corrected the voicemail problem. In addition, no resets since the switch. Ask for John the manager who is aware of the problem.
    I have the gemplus sim and have never had a problem with voicemail or restarts. should I change since its working properly?
    No
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Walked into a cingular kiosk in a mall and asked if they had sims. The salesperson said yes and I explained that I needed an "A" sim to replace a defective "G" sim. He did the swap in a couple minutes without asking a question. Since then, the vm number is solid, no resets on incoming calls yet, but the phone did freeze about 1/2 hr after replacing the sim. Removed/replaced the battery and it has been fine since. X'd fingers.
  5. lms
    Fkjr2 - before you give up, see this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75149

Larry
    Treo 650 and cingular !

I too have had the Cingular phone for 2 weeks, and almost 50 self resets and freezing problems continuously, daily. Voicemail and contacts horrible too. In fact, pathetic. I am a Mac user, and also like to have SIMPLE, PAIN FREE phone, pda. I have had NOKIA for 7 years before this, and 100% FLAWLESS.

What is up with Palm and/or Cingular ??????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeskin
    Treo 650 and cingular !

I too have had the Cingular phone for 2 weeks, and almost 50 self resets and freezing problems continuously, daily. Voicemail and contacts horrible too. In fact, pathetic. I am a Mac user, and also like to have SIMPLE, PAIN FREE phone, pda. I have had NOKIA for 7 years before this, and 100% FLAWLESS.

What is up with Palm and/or Cingular ??????????????
    Welcome to the board. Read some of the threads and you will get a feel for "what is up..." Bottom line is this: Most of the telephones work OK, somewhere between 65% and 75% would be a very rough estimate. Many don't, and some of those that do work needed help from THIS WEBSITE to get there as neither PalmOne nor Cingular seem to care about fixing things. But, many people are so thrilled with the FANTASTIC SCREEN that the rest doesn't matter. I am not buying until PalmOne and Cingular tell us that they know about all the problems and have a fix. Like they care.
    I have a Treo 650 that was bought through my company through AT&T wireless. Until yeaterday my network said AT&T. Now it states Cingular when the phone is on. I have not had any VM problems however I have had the sporatic screen lock up and soft reset. Neither are persistent and the former owner of several Palm products I assumed this was one of those thigns that sometimes happens. I just checked and I do have a Gemplus SIM but do not have the chronic problems it seems some people on this board are having. Could this be because my phone came from AT&T even though it is working now on the Cingular network? Does anyone have an AT&T SIM in their phone and having no problems? My SIM does say AT&T on it and does not have the letter G anywhere in the serial number on the SIM.

I am just curious is anyone things I should go through the hassle of getting a new SIM if I am living on borrowed time with my current SIM.

Thanks!!
    Sorry to sound so stupid, but how can you tell?

I have an AT&T SIM. The one which came with the phone is pretty obvious since it has 'GEMPLUS' etched on chip, but the SN doesn't have any letters at all, let alone a 'G'. When I went and had it changed, the new chip didn't have any letters on the SN either, but it doesn't say 'GEMPLUS' and the etching looks different. How can I be certain? There aren't any SIM utilities on this phone and no way to really see what is on the card besides the address book stuff.

-rosh
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I have a Treo 650 that was bought through my company through AT&T wireless. Until yeaterday my network said AT&T. Now it states Cingular when the phone is on. I have not had any VM problems however I have had the sporatic screen lock up and soft reset. Neither are persistent and the former owner of several Palm products I assumed this was one of those thigns that sometimes happens. I just checked and I do have a Gemplus SIM but do not have the chronic problems it seems some people on this board are having. Could this be because my phone came from AT&T even though it is working now on the Cingular network? Does anyone have an AT&T SIM in their phone and having no problems? My SIM does say AT&T on it and does not have the letter G anywhere in the serial number on the SIM.

I am just curious is anyone things I should go through the hassle of getting a new SIM if I am living on borrowed time with my current SIM.

Thanks!!
    The sporadic issues you've had...Have they been since Cingular started showing up on your screen or have always experienced this?

i
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie
    Is this only with Cingular 650's? I have an unlocked and the Gemplus card. I can not tell you about the voice mail being screwed since I have not had it (yet?). The one problem with my VM was when I had the VM password string attached. Swapped phones fixed the # and haven't had a problem. It soft resets only when I have a progam look for something I know is not there.
    I also have an unlocked Treo 650 with Cingular with a G SIM card. I experience some problems -- my Treo 650 locks every now and then: The screen's dark, keys don't react (the LED is green).

I've never had a voice mail problem. (Never being a short time, since I've only had my Treo 650 for about 10 days.)

Is the voice mail problem a sign that the SIM card needs to be replaced? If one's not having that particular problem, then is it not worth bothering to replace the SIM card?
    After having the same issues on two different 650 GSM unlocked phones I went to my local Cingular store on saturday and got mine replaced. The employee had heard about the issue through an email, but so far I have been the only customer to come in an get an replacement sim. The whole process took 5 min, and imdedately after replacing my sim card and having the phone go out and get its settings my voice mail button now works and I have not had a crash since. BTW there was no charge for the replacement even tho my phone wasn't technically a cingular phone (unlocked).
  13.    #73  
    My wife and I finally got our Axalto SIMs on Friday. The voicemail and random reset problems DISAPPEARED!!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    My Treo from Cingular came with the 64K Axalto SIM card.
    I have had several issues with the Treo locking up and freezing. It seems to happen when too many things are happening at once ie..switching off one call to try and answer the other while the other has just left a voicemail.

The other issue I had(only once) is the screen completely shutting down. Phone still worked, but screen was dark.

Every time I remove the battery and we're back to normal.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by darjar14
    My Treo from Cingular came with the 64K Axalto SIM card.
    I have had several issues with the Treo locking up and freezing. It seems to happen when too many things are happening at once ie..switching off one call to try and answer the other while the other has just left a voicemail.

The other issue I had(only once) is the screen completely shutting down. Phone still worked, but screen was dark.

Every time I remove the battery and we're back to normal.
    Can you replicate the lockups consistently? If so, I would suggest doing a hard reset (wipes everything out), and before you hotsync for the first time try to recreate the lockups. If you can do it, then you most likely have a defective Treo and I would ask for a replacement from Cingular. If it works fine, then it could be something that is coming over from your PC at the hotsync.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I've got an unlocked GSM 650, which I'm using with T-Mobile. My old T-mobile phone (SE T610) came with a Gemplus SIM, and I'm currently experiencing many of the same lockups & restarts that are associated with this issue.

Since TMO doesn't yet support the 650, I've been told that I can't easily get a new SIM (although I haven't called additional TMO stores to verify this). I'm hoping that a) TMO will get with the program soon and b) that PalmOne releases a firmware update to this (and other) problems.

Still, I love the phone enough that I'm willing to deal with this nonsense for a while. A short while.

An interesting thing, just as an aside:
    When using the audible player to play a long audiobook stored on SD, an incoming caller hears the audio under some circumstances. Talk about confusing for the caller! Someone calls me, and ends up with an earful of Roy Dotrice reading George RR Martin's "Storm of Swords". Heh.
    Just swapped mine out this weekend and no more random freezes
    Attached are screenshots of the front and back of a Gemplus 64K SIM card. Please note the highlighted markers on the back which denotes it being a Gemplus SIM card.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have the "g" SIM; I wonder is the cause for the problems I have with my Parrot CK3100 hands-free kit causing my 650 to constantly do a soft reset. Will swap out the SIM tomorrow (NYC-area weather permitting) and see. Anyone else have input on this?
    I've got the Axalto SIM, but am hesitating to use it just yet... still on the old 32k (?) SIM and no problems... should I make the switch?
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast