1.    #1  
    I just went and did it. I had an offer I could not refuse- a major discount through my employer. The price was low enough that I was concerned they might stop offering it at that price, so I ordered it. I also ordered an Innopocket metal case.

I can hardly wait!!

No data plan yet - I have to wait and see about that. All those monthly charges really add up. Plus, the Media Net plans were not offered, it looks like I have to add that later.
    Last edited by westronic; 02/22/2005 at 09:02 PM.
    Did they tell you when to expect it? I thought they (Cingular) were out of Treo 650s for a while...
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    I have no idea. I just ordered it, so I have no status yet other than "We have received your order request, and we expect to begin processing it shortly."

On the order it states, "We estimate your order will be shipped within 5 - 7 business days." I don't think that means much, though.

I'm not concerned. It gets here when it gets here. Hopefully it will be on some second run with some initial problems fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Did they tell you when to expect it? I thought they (Cingular) were out of Treo 650s for a while...
    Last edited by westronic; 02/23/2005 at 09:10 AM.
    Some Cingular stores seem to have gotten in the 2nd batch pf phones, thats where I got my replacements and all seem to be fine except of course for SIM problems
    Quote Originally Posted by Treobangla
    Some Cingular stores seem to have gotten in the 2nd batch pf phones, thats where I got my replacements and all seem to be fine except of course for SIM problems
    Can you tell us what your firmware and software versions are? From the Phone App choose Options, Phone Info. Thanks!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Firmware - 01.04
    Software - Treo 650-1.02-CNG
  7.    #7  
    My order status has been moved to "processing." It's interesting to note that the number were assigned immediately, so I have the phone numbers.

It's also interesting to note that all orders are shipped FEDEX except for orders from UPS or USPS employees - whose orders are shipped with UPS or USPS, respectively.
  8.    #8  
    My order actually was for two phones (family shared rollover minutes), a Treo 650 and a Motorola V180. Both have shipped via FEDEX, with delivery by tomorrow (Weds) at 3:00 P.M.

Cool.

I think the first order of business is to check the SIM to be sure it is an "A" SIM, and then to check software and firmware versions..
    I think that I might be in the same boat. Did you port your numbers over from another provider or is this new service? Did you employer have a discount with Cingular or AT&T?

Thanks
  10.    #10  
    My employer (through Cingular) offers a very significant discount that normally does NOT include PDAs, but it did in this case, so I snapped it up before they changed their minds.

Phone plans are also significantly discounted. Data plans are, too, but plans other than Blackberry and laptop plans were not listed, though I think they may still be discounted - I'll find that out later if I decide to use internet connectivity.

I did not port a number only because the option was not there. I do not have a personal phone now (only one for business), and my wife's number is only known by a handful of folks, so I did not bother with trying to get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by NVFS
    I think that I might be in the same boat. Did you port your numbers over from another provider or is this new service? Did you employer have a discount with Cingular or AT&T?

Thanks
  11.    #11  
    Received it today just before 3:00!

So far, so good.

SIM is an "A" SIM.

Firmware: 01.04

Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG

Hardware: A