1.    #1  
    I did a search and did not find anything on this. I just installed Shadowmite ROM 5, which got rid of Versamail. Everything was fine except when I tried to email a picture using Snappermail from the "Pics and Videos" menu for Send, I would get a soft reset. I thought, after repeating this a dozen times, that maybe it was looking for Versamail as a choice and it did not like that it was not there. I backed everything up and then installed Shadowmite ROM 3, which is essentially ROM 5 + Versamail. I then successfully emailed several pictures using Snappermail. This is just a heads up if you have a Sprint Treo 650 and you like to bypass PictureMail and email photos directly. Keep Versamail in your ROM even if you don't use it and you should not have the reset problem I had.
    I just tested this on my phone and I was able to send a jpg just fine.

I'm running SnapperMail Enterprise 2.1.0.01 with a IMAP account and also am running ROM5 with versamail uninstalled. I took a picture with my Treo camera and had it save it in the album on my SD card. Opened Snapper attached the image from my SD card and sent it. No resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by kabish
    I just tested this on my phone and I was able to send a jpg just fine.

I'm running SnapperMail Enterprise 2.1.0.01 with a IMAP account and also am running ROM5 with versamail uninstalled. I took a picture with my Treo camera and had it save it in the album on my SD card. Opened Snapper attached the image from my SD card and sent it. No resets.
    I tried it that way too and it worked fine. I think he's describing something different tho...

Brooose, are you trying to send the email through snapper so that your email address shows up as the return address rather than your phone number?
  4.    #4  
    I was using the Send command within "Pics and Videos". I used this before and was given a list of options including Bluetooth, Snapper and Versamail. I thought that, after I got rid of Versamail, my Treo was choking on its absence when I tried to send a Pic. Instead, it appears that something else may have been corrupted that was fixed when I installed ROM3 over ROM5. Nonetheless, thanks to Shadowmite for making all of these available so I can find the ROM that works best for me.
    I now have the same issue after installing the 1.08 Sprint ROM. It worked fine before, but now, Select a pic, select Send, reset.
    This is a known/documented issue, I saw it in the forum about 2 weeks ago, I think the resolution was to not use pics/video to send the attachment, but instead using Snappermails built in attachment handling and browse to the image. I also think the newer version of Snapper fixed this but I'm not sure. Search the forum, hopefully you can find that thread. If I had the URL I'd paste it.
    happens with chatteremail too (no snapper installed)
    No problems here.
    Works perfectly on my Shadowmite #4 1.08 w/Snappermail.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I have Shadowmite's rom5 and Snappermail, the send pic option works fine for me. For those having problems, did you verify that your email is the default one? Check under system/prefs/default apps for your setting. Maybe when you upgraded to 1.08 the setting did not follow you?