Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mSafe is cool, but it's $17, not just $8. If I hadn't purchased TealLock, I'd consider it, but it's a bit steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    mSafe is cool, but it's $17, not just $8. If I hadn't purchased TealLock, I'd consider it, but it's a bit steep.
    Yikes! You're right, it is $17. It was mLights that was $8. Oh well, I still think its cool. Motionapps seems to have pretty cool apps, and if it works as advertised and doesnt reboot my Treo, I'm OK with paying a little extra. I might go for mSafe and mNews.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Confirmation screen? Do you mean the keylock confirmation dialog? If so, then I don't think you can avoid that with any app no matter what. If you mean something else, I don't know what that would be, I don't see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fiftyrocks
    it's three on my Treo, because there's a confirmation screen after you press the center button. No big deal, just looking for the quickest way to turn off and lock while I'm doing something else.

Thanks!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I'm having a problem with Teallock, ver 5.3, which I thought I'd mention: I sometimes have to reset my Treo 650 using the under-the-battery reset button when using Teallock. I think that this problem may occur when I get a text message while my Treo 650 is locked.

--Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    I thought I'd mention that there's another Treo locking program that's supposed to be coming: DeviceGuard. I don't know anything else about this program, besides what is on the developer's website: http://www.mantragroup.com/devguard.htm
    It's been coming soon for quite a while now as they've been trying to get Causerie 2.0 (IM client) out the door. First beta wasn't too stable (hence why it's beta) but I expect good things from them to come
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Treohelper will lock the phone via sms and its' FREE!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyrose
    actually if the phone is already "locked" and then soft reset, it will still be "locked" upon reset. however, i'm assuming after a hard reset that would not be the case ... but then again, all that info that was being protected would be lost anyways.
    Don't forget about a Warm Reset. That will bypass all security measures in the apps that you are talking about here. If you are concerned about protecting your data, then what you need is a app that will encrypt your data as it is read/written to RAM/SDcard.

Jeff
    I've been using mSafe for quite a while. I bought it because it's good and not expensive. ZBoater mentioned its good stuff.

Maybe this is not what fiftyrocks and Tiffany wants, but I have mSafe set to require a password once it locks my Treo. If I get an sms message, the screen does come on and alert me that I have a new message, but I cannot see it or anything else until I tap Go To and then I have to enter my password to view it.

mSafe will also lock your Treo after a reset if you set the option for it.

I should have said "not terribly expensive" as in value perceived for what you receive. mSafe's not the cheapest of these type of apps, but it's the best I've tried. I feel more comfortable about my data because I do carry another phone. If I lose my Treo, I can send a message to mSafe using one of two message templates I created to either lock it or wipe everything. This takes about a minute to do.
    Last edited by v3treonut; 05/14/2005 at 12:58 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12