1.    #1  
    1. How do I disconnect from the web? I know how to hang up the phone, but how do I hang up on the web? Do I just have to switch to another app?

2. Has anyone seen a down-loadable replacement dialer screen? To replace the screen GUI for the dial pad? It sounds odd, but I'd really like to find an old rotary dial format for the GUI, or figure out how to do it.

I told you they were dumb.

Any answers that deserve appreciation will be very much appreciated
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    1. Click on the Blazer (Left upper corner) and select Disconnect; OR go Perfs, Network Connction and do Disconnect.

2. Not as I heard of though... if anyone knows?
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. I'm coming off a Pocket PC format, haven't used a Palm in years, the simplicity of the thing makes me feel like I'm staring at my first real calculator going "inverse" "on", WTF? I tend to overthink.

Thank you
  4.    #4  
    I replied too fast. Neither of those two showed up. Click upper right "Blazer" and "disconnect" was not an option. In prefs nothing similar either. I'm probably being an ***** (see thread title)
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    I replied too fast. Neither of those two showed up. Click upper right "Blazer" and "disconnect" was not an option. In prefs nothing similar either. I'm probably being an ***** (see thread title)
    Prefs>Network>Disconnect
  6.    #6  
    Thanks. I was in the wrong prefs.

I told you guys I was an *****.

It'd still be swell to find a replacemement for the dialer GUI
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    In Blazer, click Blazer (or press the menu button), select Page, Disconnect.
  8.    #8  
    Not an option. My blazer>page does not have a disconnect
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Blazer certainly does have a Disconnect option on my "Cingular Blue" 650.
    No disconnect on Sprint. I guess Blazer has their browser configured differently for each provider
    2. Has anyone seen a down-loadable replacement dialer screen? To replace the screen GUI for the dial pad? It sounds odd, but I'd really like to find an old rotary dial format for the GUI, or figure out how to do it.
    The search feature that this forum utilizes is of tremendous value, when used. Since I feel like being just as lazy I won't post the link, but I will tell you to do a search for "button manager". Button manager has dialpad overlays, if that is what you are looking for.
    My thinking is, as far as Sprint goes, since you can't do data and phone at the same time once you leave Blazer, you are "disconnected". I have never disconnected using the prefs and my battery life is fine. I have push mail from Sprint Business Connection, Snapper checks my personal account every hour, I use Blazer several times an hour, I make/receive around 50 calls a day, and I generally play mp3's throughout the day. My battery is usually at about 60% when I get home around 6:00pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    My thinking is, as far as Sprint goes, since you can't do data and phone at the same time once you leave Blazer, you are "disconnected". I have never disconnected using the prefs and my battery life is fine.
    That is my feeling too, BUT some people have reported that their connection is staying active for quite some time. Just like you I have never disconnected, even when i use Treo Alarm and tell it to download the weather, I never says "download & disconnect", as I have never had a problem with the Treo 650 disconnecting on its own. As a matter of fact, I have my phone set to try to always stay connected. If my phone reset upon power up it will reconnect.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    The search feature that this forum utilizes is of tremendous value, when used. Since I feel like being just as lazy I won't post the link, but I will tell you to do a search for "button manager". Button manager has dialpad overlays, if that is what you are looking for.
    That's very helpful, but you're still an arrogant poppet.

You French or something?
    That's for the 600. Shadowmite has some new welcome/shutdown screens for Sprint on his site, but not dial pad overlays like there were for the 600
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16.    #16  
    Thanks to Shanta I just wasted 15 minutes finding out that same thing.

Thanks for the responses, I suspect in the future I'll be able to do this
    Oy Vey, THERE ARE DIALPAD OVERLAYS FOR THE TREO 650, for those that cannot find such info here is the phreaking link http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...alpad+overlays

A litte more info on the Button Manager Program:

"Description: Treo Button Manager is a program to manage all the button overlay files (skins) that are available for the Treo 600 and 650 smart phone".

BTW: I will be that "arrogant poppet", but at least I know how to search.

If there is anything else that you cannot locate with by doing a search please feel free to let me know, and I shall try to point you in the right direction.
    Last edited by shanta; 02/23/2005 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    Oy Vey, THERE ARE DIALPAD OVERLAYS FOR THE TREO 650, for those that cannot find such info here is the phreaking link http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...alpad+overlays

A litte more info on the Button Manager Program:

"Description: Treo Button Manager is a program to manage all the button overlay files (skins) that are available for the Treo 600 and 650 smart phone".

BTW: I will be that "arrogant poppet", but at least I know how to search.

If there is anything else that you cannot locate with by doing a search please feel free to let me know, and I shall try to point you in the right direction.
    I stand corrected. Your search skills are quite impressive, a one post thread from 2 months ago takes some work

Wonder if those work on GSM 650s or just sprint...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  19.    #19  
    Thanks Shanta, that was far more informative and much less arrogant
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I stand corrected. Your search skills are quite impressive, a one post thread from 2 months ago takes some work

Wonder if those work on GSM 650s or just sprint...
    lol...my search skills are average at best, I just remember seeing that post, as that is how I found out it worked with the Treo 650.

Thanks Shanta, that was far more informative and much less arrogant
    no problem...