1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just installed PockeTunes on my Treo 600 and am unable to play any of the .wma files that I just loaded. The error message I keep getting is:

"This file could not be opened. It could be corrupted or it could be restricted to only allow playback on certain devices"

Your help is appreciated,
    Did you install the WMA plugin? If so, are the .wma files you have downloaded from a music site where you pay for the songs? If so, they have digital rights management (DRM) encoded and you can't play them on the Treo unless you remove the encryption (can be done by burning the songs to a CD then ripping as an MP3).
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Where do I download the plugin?

Thanks!
    It's an option when you run the Ptunes exe installation file.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5.    #5  
    I just checked and I do have the plugin installed. Any other thoughts?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    you can't play them on the Treo unless you remove the encryption (can be done by burning the songs to a CD then ripping as an MP3).
    If you do this, I recommend going from the CD to OGG instead of MP3. It's a higher-quality format and PTunes has the plugin.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/23/2005 at 10:46 AM.
    also are the .wma files purchased off a music site? if so, they may be protected (as stated by scotty)

try a normal .mp3 to test it functionality.
    Chris

Evolution: PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Visor Prism > iPaq 3955 > iPaq 4155 > Treo 600 > Treo 650