1.    #1  
    Forgive my ignorance ... flog me if you must! :-)

I'm trying to apply the DUN patch.

I have two problems:
    1) When I e-mail it to myself I only have an option to "Save to card", no "Save to RAM" as suggested.

2) If I save to card and try to use FileZ to copy to RAM I get this error:
    "there was an error during copy, stopping."

Any thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    Let me guess ... nobody else has this problem. :-(

I hate being unique.
    Hmmm...intereseting, I had no trouble with copying from an SD card.

I believe it is suggested to do a soft reset prior. Did you do this?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Umm, try turning off the bluetooth, then do a soft reset, then try to copy it off the card again...
    Shadow, am now using ROM #3. Just wanted to express my appreciation!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Yes: Did a soft reset, turned BT off, everything. No joy.

How do you save from VersaMail into RAM? Mine only allows me to save to a card.

(I even tried renaming the file, with no luck!)
    If I can't get this patch thing working perhaps I'll try the ROM update as soon as I get a free SD card. (But, not being able to get this to work I'm getting nervous!)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Yes: Did a soft reset, turned BT off, everything. No joy.

How do you save from VersaMail into RAM? Mine only allows me to save to a card.

(I even tried renaming the file, with no luck!)
    If I can't get this patch thing working perhaps I'll try the ROM update as soon as I get a free SD card. (But, not being able to get this to work I'm getting nervous!)
    Not that I want you to do something you might not be comfortable with, but the ROM flash went smooth for me. Shadow even has a "checklist" pop up window on his site that you can follow, and check off at each step. But the process itself is quite simple. Granted, it is a flash, so there are those tense moments while you wait, but I would do it again with no reservation.

8.    #8  
    Insertion, thanks for the push .... I'll give it a try as soon as possible.

(I'd really like to try this patch though!)

BTW: The "voice quality" patch that's included in the ROM: Would this stop complaints from my friend that I sound like I'm "talking through a blanket"? The sound quality on MY end is fine. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Insertion, thanks for the push .... I'll give it a try as soon as possible.

(I'd really like to try this patch though!)

BTW: The "voice quality" patch that's included in the ROM: Would this stop complaints from my friend that I sound like I'm "talking through a blanket"? The sound quality on MY end is fine. :-)
    It should. I never had that problem, (that I am aware of), but the people who claimed to have those issues report them gone since the upgrade.

I am trying to install Shadowmite's patch on my new Cingular 650 I am getting the error (om2501) when i copy the file from the card to ram. Anyone have any ideas?

Thx.