1.    #1  
    my.yahoo.com is a good way to customized all the things that you would like to see in a single page. For example: the weather, New Movies, News, Sports scores, TV listings, Stocks and even your daily Horoscope plus more. I found this an amazing free site to be included among your others AvantGo ones or even to replace many others.

However the problem I have is that I don't know how to view this page on my AvantGo because you need a username and a password to access your customized page. I know some people did it but they have not replied my question. If anybody knows how to make it work, please reply this post.

Thanks

Al
    PS: Please name the AvantGO version you are using

------------------
    You must open an account (email account) at Yahoo first, and use it to login.
    I use avantgo 3.3 bild 350
    i have mine set up.

when you first install the channel in avantgo there will be a button to 'sign on' on this screen, write in your yahoo acount name and password. then the next time you sync it will get all your settings from your yahoo page.

the neat thing is: under the news link on your visor, you will see the top 5 news headings you set up on your page. SO i have canadian news, canadian business, etc. that way i get my US news from the New York Times, USA today, etc. and my canadian news from Yahoo and CBC!

WEATHER, SPORTS, MOVIES, and STOCKS work the same way.

This channel has allowed me to eliminate many other avantgo channels and shorten the LONG list of channels on my visor.

quick note: i had to up the memory size on the channel from 195kb to 300 kb to get all the news stories.
    Originally posted by syncro:
    You must open an account (email account) at Yahoo first, and use it to login.
    I use avantgo 3.3 bild 350
    no you don't need an email account. just a myyahoo page.

goto http://my.yahoo.com
    and set up a page.
    Thanks folks. I was having the same problem with my.yahoo.com.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Hoser_in_USA:
    i have mine set up.

when you first install the channel in avantgo there will be a button to 'sign on' on this screen, write in your yahoo acount name and password. then the next time you sync it will get all your settings from your yahoo page.
    I kind of tried to do it but I didn't get it right. I went to the avantgo site and then click on the Yahoo Picture Yahoo link. Then the only thing that I saw was a check next to mychannels with the Yahoo link. I didn't see any option where I could enter my password and user name. By the way I already have one. Can anybody help me get myyahoo?

Thanks

PS: Do I have to do anything in the visor to get my customized Yahoo?
    Al
    Originally posted by acajigas:
    I kind of tried to do it but I didn't get it right. I went to the avantgo site and then click on the Yahoo Picture Yahoo link. Then the only thing that I saw was a check next to mychannels with the Yahoo link. I didn't see any option where I could enter my password and user name. By the way I already have one. Can anybody help me get myyahoo?

Thanks

PS: Do I have to do anything in the visor to get my customized Yahoo?
    Al
    You don't enter the user name and password on AvantGo's site. Just choose Yahoo to be one of your channels, then sync. On your *Visor*, you will see "Hello, Guest" when you bring Yahoo up. THIS is where you enter your user name and password. They next time you sync, you should get your Yahoo info. (BTW, you don't get ALL your personalized info, just certain parts of it.)
    Originally posted by narnia_77:
    (BTW, you don't get ALL your personalized info, just certain parts of it.)
    actually, you get the top 5 or 6 news 'channels' you set on your page under the 'news' link on your visor. you get ALL the stocks that you set up in your portfolio. You get all the weather locations you set up on your page. You get all the sports scores from the teams you chose to follow on your page. And you get all the movie listings for all the theatres in your area based on the setup on your page.

SO you don't get your horoscope, music reviews, etc.

I still think it's a great channel, bang for the buck-wise.
    The problem I've noticed with the my.yahoo and avantgo is that I have to re-enter my username/password before each sync. It doesn't seem to 'stick' like the Weather Channel. Any hints?
    That's funny, i never had problems with my.yahoo i had problems with my weather channel... i need to keep on reentering my zip code... that's funny.
    Can someone help me out with AvantGo? It works fine, but i thought i could sync without being online and it would sign on for me. Plus i thought you could tell it a specific time to sign on and update your channels. I use aol.. So, thanks in advance
    Originally posted by AussiS5:
    Can someone help me out with AvantGo? It works fine, but i thought i could sync without being online and it would sign on for me. Plus i thought you could tell it a specific time to sign on and update your channels. I use aol.. So, thanks in advance
    This was answered in another forum.

Thanks for using AvantGo!
    Log into your account at https://avantgo.com Delete the Yahoo! channel from your account. Then clear the cache by doing the following: Click on My Account and select settings. Click on Clear Cache and sync your device. Now add the Yahoo! channel back into your account. Sync again. Click on the Yahoo! channel on your device and enter your MyYahoo account information. Click on Submit. Sync again and personalized MyYahoo information should show up. We are aware of some users experiencing login in problems if their My Yahoo username or login has non numerical or alphabetical characters or if there is a mix of upper and lower case letters. We are working with yahoo to resolve these inssues and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interim.

Best regards,
    AvantGo Support
    No maybe someone has a solution for me...

I like the Yahoo channel on Avantgo a lot,
    but the sports scores are all messed up. The days date has games already played that are not even scheduled for, duplicate scores.

Anyone else getting that type of behaviour?
    krelvin,
    I haven't noticed it before, but I'm getting the same thing. I checked some old games, and it looks like they are showing scores from 5 days ago (7-31 scores are for games played on 7-26). I sent a bug-report into Yahoo.
    The duplicate scores comes from the fact that you have selected both teams playing as teams you're interested in.

For example, 'Toronto' and 'Baltimore'

If they play against eachother, i see the same score twice because it's showing me Toronto's score in the game they played, and the Baltimore score in the game they played (even though they both played in the same game).

As for late scores, i'm not sure...i haven't noticed. But then again, i'm not an avid baseball fan and i started using the channel after the hockey season had ended.