Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Shimon:

Your comment that "Purging the call-log can be done with the built-in call-log.
    Seemed redundant to re-write the code for a function not used so often." is true.

For me to do this, I have to
    1. go into TakePhone, disable the Phone button runs TakePhone
    2. go to the built in phone app,
    3. hit the phone button, select the call log, select purge
    4. manually restart TP which is in my hidden folder
    5. reenable the Phone option in TP.

As you can see this is a lot of steps to simply purge the call log. If I used the built-in phone interface it would be much easier, but I would NEVER give up TP.

Anyway to jump from TP to the built-in call log menu so that you can use the Treo's existing code to help handle this feature?
    I have OPT+Phone button set to run the default phone app. Go to Pref->Buttons and under the Option+ Button column select Phone for the choice directly across from the Phone hard button.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Shimon:

Your comment that "Purging the call-log can be done with the built-in call-log.
    Seemed redundant to re-write the code for a function not used so often." is true.

For me to do this, I have to
    1. go into TakePhone, disable the Phone button runs TakePhone
    2. go to the built in phone app,
    3. hit the phone button, select the call log, select purge
    4. manually restart TP which is in my hidden folder
    5. reenable the Phone option in TP.

As you can see this is a lot of steps to simply purge the call log. If I used the built-in phone interface it would be much easier, but I would NEVER give up TP.

Anyway to jump from TP to the built-in call log menu so that you can use the Treo's existing code to help handle this feature?

I have set the under pref in TP "using the phone button" long press = launch phone app
    Quote Originally Posted by tippymn
    I have set the under pref in TP "using the phone button" long press = launch phone app
    I have press and hold configured for the more popular redial function. Even with it set to switch to the built-in phone, how do you bring up the phone log without disabling TP from the phone button?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Everytime I try to launch a number from my favorites, I get a message saying the device is not responding please check FAQ at shsh.com.

It will launch the email app, the sms app or any other app, but will not launch a stored favorite phone number.

Any ideas?
    Never mind. Fixed it myself. I had the wrong box checked. I had serial/BT checked instead of Smartphone/Treo check under DIAL USING:
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    Never mind. Fixed it myself. I had the wrong box checked. I had serial/BT checked instead of Smartphone/Treo check under DIAL USING:
    Hi,

I am interested in collecting as much info as I can about these incidents.

How did it turn to serial/BT ?
    Did you change it yourself any time ? or by mistake ?
    What do you have selected as the "Location" ?

Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456