Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Thanks !

I have written all this down.

Well I start working on the next gen - I will do this.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Thanks Shimon.

Is there actually a plan for the "next gen"? Can you share any thoughts on timing. Or was that comment meant to just say: "I'll get to it later."?

Dave
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    Thanks Shimon.

Is there actually a plan for the "next gen"? Can you share any thoughts on timing. Or was that comment meant to just say: "I'll get to it later."?

Dave
    If you read about TAKEphONE, you'll see the next gen is always around the corner.
    Right now I am a bit busy with 2day, and some other stuff, and being a one-man-operation, I have a lot on my hands, so I cant tell when I'll get to it.

But I'll get there...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm a new user of the Treo 650 (actually didn't activate it yet) and saw this thread. I have a silly little question. What's takephone?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mleiser
    I'm a new user of the Treo 650 (actually didn't activate it yet) and saw this thread. I have a silly little question. What's takephone?
    http://www.shsh.com/products/
    Quote Originally Posted by mleiser
    If you have a Treo, this is something you shouldn't be without...
    for the latest beta(Don't worry, it's stable) www.shsh.com/beta
    TakePhone is a MUST have application for me. It provide a great phone interface on my Treo 650. Everything from quick number look ups, support for credit card calls, and a great working user interface
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Hi Shimon,

This software looks promising. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to customize the way names are displayed in the listbox and the "zoom" screen. I'd rather have some of my contacts displayed with their nicknames (stored in one of the custom fields) than Firstname, Lastname format, and some contacts I'd like displayed with the "Company" field. Maybe letting the user choose order the various contact fields by priority, so if I said:
    Nickname
    Company
    Firstname Lastname
    it'd display the nickname if the contact has one, otherwise the company, otherwise the normal "Firstname Lastname" format. It might also be nice to have "Lastname, Firstname" and "Firstname Lastname (Company)" formats. Or, if you wanted to get real tricky, let users define their own strings with escape sequences like %F %L.. But that's a little crazy.

Otherwise, looks cool so far.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycpsu
    Hi Shimon,

This software looks promising. One thing I'd like to see is the ability to customize the way names are displayed in the listbox and the "zoom" screen. I'd rather have some of my contacts displayed with their nicknames (stored in one of the custom fields) than Firstname, Lastname format, and some contacts I'd like displayed with the "Company" field. Maybe letting the user choose order the various contact fields by priority, so if I said:
    Nickname
    Company
    Firstname Lastname
    it'd display the nickname if the contact has one, otherwise the company, otherwise the normal "Firstname Lastname" format. It might also be nice to have "Lastname, Firstname" and "Firstname Lastname (Company)" formats. Or, if you wanted to get real tricky, let users define their own strings with escape sequences like %F %L.. But that's a little crazy.

Otherwise, looks cool so far.
    Thanks !

Currently - the find list displays the field/s where the match was found first.
    This was done since there is not much room there for fields.
    I will consider you suggestion.

Regarding the contact "Details" screen - I will re-design it for the next gen. - people have been complaining about wasted screen space over there...

Thanks for the input !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Okay. Here's another one from a newby. It seems that hotsync doesn't backup third party applications. If you lose your whole treo will hotsyn get you back in shape with this takephone as well?
    Mike
    I use a backup program, (Botzam Backup and BackupMan). But, hotsync does backup third pary apps. I have used it several times along with my other backup. I have restored a couple of times from a hard reset with hotsyn. Each time, the Treo was restored.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I use a backup program, (Botzam Backup and BackupMan). But, hotsync does backup third pary apps. I have used it several times along with my other backup. I have restored a couple of times from a hard reset with hotsyn. Each time, the Treo was restored.
    Hate to be repetitive. The Takephone application was restored in full?
    takephone is such a handy software.

but how to purge the call hisotry ? It seems I can only delete it by each entry.

by the ways, since i installed takephone, the green dial key couldn't function properly.
    I unchecked the option "phone button runs takephone" to get back to the original dial pad. But then if you press it again, “cantact list" appears instead of "call hisotry".
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by flyheart
    takephone is such a handy software.

but how to purge the call hisotry ? It seems I can only delete it by each entry.

by the ways, since i installed takephone, the green dial key couldn't function properly.
    I unchecked the option "phone button runs takephone" to get back to the original dial pad. But then if you press it again, “cantact list" appears instead of "call hisotry".
    Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.

Purging the call-log can be done with the built-in call-log.
    Seemed redundant to re-write the code for a function not used so often...

Regarding restoring the PHONE button - run BtnFix - www.shsh.com/downloads/btnfix.zip
    Shimon Shnitzer
  15.    #95  
    Hi all,

New version - 6.50 (064) - is at www.shsh.com/beta

- FIND: Sort results in list !

- Treo: Shorten operator name, e.g. "Verizon Wireless" => "Verizon"

Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Hey Shimon,
    Have you ever considered packaging TAKEphONE using the Palm PackageInstaller to allow over the air updates? I use it for Chatter Email and it works very well.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    This is a really good idea, it works quite well for me when I update chatter.
    Shimon:

Your comment that "Purging the call-log can be done with the built-in call-log.
    Seemed redundant to re-write the code for a function not used so often." is true.

For me to do this, I have to
    1. go into TakePhone, disable the Phone button runs TakePhone
    2. go to the built in phone app,
    3. hit the phone button, select the call log, select purge
    4. manually restart TP which is in my hidden folder
    5. reenable the Phone option in TP.

As you can see this is a lot of steps to simply purge the call log. If I used the built-in phone interface it would be much easier, but I would NEVER give up TP.

Anyway to jump from TP to the built-in call log menu so that you can use the Treo's existing code to help handle this feature?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Shimon:

Your comment that "Purging the call-log can be done with the built-in call-log.
    Seemed redundant to re-write the code for a function not used so often." is true.

For me to do this, I have to
    1. go into TakePhone, disable the Phone button runs TakePhone
    2. go to the built in phone app,
    3. hit the phone button, select the call log, select purge
    4. manually restart TP which is in my hidden folder
    5. reenable the Phone option in TP.

As you can see this is a lot of steps to simply purge the call log. If I used the built-in phone interface it would be much easier, but I would NEVER give up TP.

Anyway to jump from TP to the built-in call log menu so that you can use the Treo's existing code to help handle this feature?
    My suggestion is to just make the regular "call log" one of your "favorites" on your takehone speed dial page. That way, you just press the button and it takes you right into the default "call log" page and you can purge from there. Press the phone button again, and you are right back in takephone. No need to disable and renable take phone etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    My suggestion is to just make the regular "call log" one of your "favorites" on your takehone speed dial page. That way, you just press the button and it takes you right into the default "call log" page and you can purge from there. Press the phone button again, and you are right back in takephone. No need to disable and renable take phone etc.
    I also have the built-in phone as press-twice program (ie. press once get TP, press a second time, get the built in phone app) so there is no need to disable/enable,etc. So the whole process takes 1 extra strike (2 if you are going back to TP after the purge).
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast