Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Not often on the resets, 1 a day maybe 2.
    I'll disable Verichat for the day and see what happens.

Thanks
    Thanks !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Thanks guys.
    Found the problem. Will post a fix shortly.
    What ever happened to this fix? I have some free time and would like to try using Takephone on the Treo 650 again.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    What ever happened to this fix? I have some free time and would like to try using Takephone on the Treo 650 again.
    Hi,

I think I have it fixed. I am testing it before posting.
    If you like - email me and I will send it to you.

Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    nah... I'll wait for it to be posted. Just wondering.
    There is a new beta release of TP v0.38
    - Treo: Auto-redial on busy - added alert when call answered.

- Treo: call-cards - when dialing a number with no answer

detection - use "...TX..." to emulate answer.

- Treo: Added option for fast DTMF.

- Treo: Tap on battery - show status, on Bluetooth - open prefs.

- Treo: long press on BkSp => clear all.

- Treo 650: battery icon was cutoff in redial/call-log - fixed.

- Treo: Fixed error - sometimes displayed "no phone number"

when pressing '1' for voicemail.

- New PIM: Fix for scheduling calls in new PIM database.

- New PIM: Finished porting to new PIM database (contacts)

format read categories.

- General: If a phone field has multiple numbers

(seperated by a CR/LF) allow selection of one to call.

- Tungsten T5: Support "OK" button, CONTACTS button is no. 3.

- Bug fix: Crashed when matches found in notes field after

256 bytes.

- Bug fix: Fix for "treat custom fields as phones".

http://www.shsh.com/beta/
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Thanks for the heads-up Miller. Appreciate the news.
    Is TP supposed to turn on the Treo 650 when a new message alert arrives? I am using the latest version, installed today... a call came in and went to voicemail, then a minute later the 650 did a vibrating alert, but did NOT turn on the screen. I held down the power button, screen came on, there was a message from TP to say "OK" or "listen" to new message. Should the screen come on by itself? I can't find a specific pref for this...

Thanks.
    An awesome piece of software, Shimon. I appreciate the design thinking and programming care across the application (now running build 038), and your support vigor on this site. My only recommendion to help drive yet more customers is to keep working on the manual, making it prettier. clearer and available in PDF. Doesn't affect me or probably many of the members of this site, but it looked a little intimidating for a first-time "just bought a 650 and am wondering how to make it work better" user.

For others who have just started browsing this site or thread, particularly if you are a business user with "reasonable" dialing demands such as voicemail systems, conference bridge codes, calling cards and international travel - you owe it to yourself to install and try TAKEphONE (you get a 30 day free trail so it's easy).
    :menu:TreoLawrence
    Samsung I300 -> Treo 650 (Cin)
    I have now solved the question I was going to ask: so here is the answer instead! I want to be able to dial phone numbers from the Contacts database which have "x" hard-stop and "," timed-delay characters in their phone numbers. Turns out these work well when using TP's Find function - it picks these up and uses them just fine. However it is tough to get Contact applications to pass these characters through when dialing from these apps. The default Palm app just ignores such stuff, and Agendus (with TP enabled) does pass through the "," character but strips out "x". So the answer is: always use TP for dialing Contacts!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Is TP supposed to turn on the Treo 650 when a new message alert arrives? I am using the latest version, installed today... a call came in and went to voicemail, then a minute later the 650 did a vibrating alert, but did NOT turn on the screen. I held down the power button, screen came on, there was a message from TP to say "OK" or "listen" to new message. Should the screen come on by itself? I can't find a specific pref for this...

Thanks.
    Hi,

Does it turn on with the built-in dialer ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoLawrence
    An awesome piece of software, Shimon. I appreciate the design thinking and programming care across the application (now running build 038), and your support vigor on this site. My only recommendion to help drive yet more customers is to keep working on the manual, making it prettier. clearer and available in PDF. Doesn't affect me or probably many of the members of this site, but it looked a little intimidating for a first-time "just bought a 650 and am wondering how to make it work better" user.

For others who have just started browsing this site or thread, particularly if you are a business user with "reasonable" dialing demands such as voicemail systems, conference bridge codes, calling cards and international travel - you owe it to yourself to install and try TAKEphONE (you get a 30 day free trail so it's easy).
    Hi,

Thanks so much for the input.
    I am aware the user-manual (as well as my web site) needs more work.
    If I only had more time....
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Does it turn on with the built-in dialer ?
    Yes.
    When I dial a call from TAKEphONE, and then hang up, it goes back to the old default dialer. I have to hit the green phone button to bring TAKEphONE back up. Is this normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu
    When I dial a call from TAKEphONE, and then hang up, it goes back to the old default dialer. I have to hit the green phone button to bring TAKEphONE back up. Is this normal?

Look under Preferences/PalmOne Treo. I think if you select "Return after ALL calls", it will return to TakePhone after any call.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Look under Preferences/PalmOne Treo ... if you select "Return after ALL calls", it will return to TakePhone after any call.
    This works fine for me. I was of course impressed to find that the behavior WillJitsu cites was not an oversight, but that there is a Prefs option to control it .

By the way, if you are in a call and run other apps and then want to get back to the Palm call-in-progress screen, then from TAKEphONE (Green phone button) you can use Menu-. (period) to take you there. Alternatively you can put the Palm phone app in the rotation of what your green phone button does (in TAKEphONE Prefs for "Using the Phone button) - and I keep this simple by using only 3 rotation entries.
    TAKEphone Question?????
    When i dial a Contact with mutiple locations and get no answer or VM
    can I get the option to try one of his other numbers without reselecting the Contact??
    Quote Originally Posted by piramid
    TAKEphone Question?????
    When i dial a Contact with mutiple locations and get no answer or VM
    can I get the option to try one of his other numbers without reselecting the Contact??
    I don't believe it's possible to go straight back to another number in the last contact page when you end the last call - but you can get pretty close: I set "Remember last search" in the Preferences->Find screen, which along with setting "Return after ALL calls" (pull down) in the Preferences->PalmOne Treo screen, means that I am right back with the last contact found selected when I return from a call - which means you just hit the center button and then 5-way down to the next number you want to try for that same contact.

FYI, I also have set "Show speed-dial if search empty" in the Preferences->Find screen, which means when contact searching is cleared I have my most immediate speed dials right under my thumb (and then the whole speed dial screen is on my second Phone button rotation if I need to see more).
    For someone (like me...) that hates the "remember last search" the other option is, goto call history, the last number you dialed is highlighted, press the space bar and all the numbers from that contact should come up..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    goto call history, the last number you dialed is highlighted, press the space bar and all the numbers from that contact should come up..
    Whoo hoo. That's cool.
    Reguarding Call History, Is there a way to clear/purge call log data from within TakePhone ? If so, I haven't been able to find it. If not, could this be added ?

TIA

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast