Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 106
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Hello Shimon,
    Nice job! I can't seem to get the OS5hack to work the way I think it might. I enabled it, as well as register for "help app".

    When I high light a number (with TST), then goto the OE Phone screen, there is no number to dial. If I go to TAKEphONE, there is no number to dial. I do not have TAKEphONE set as the defualt for the phone hot/hard key either. Do I have to have TAKEphONE on the Phone button for this to work? If so, is there a way around this in the future?

    Thanks, Matt
    Hi,

    Afraid you're right - you have to have TAKEphONE assigned to the button...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  2. #22  
    My phone reset twice today, first 2 resets I've had in over a two week period and after dialing in #*377:
    a reset was caused while running TakePhone
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2666, Chunk over-locked
    Both crashes occured right when I ended each phone call from a BT headset.
    Any ideas?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    My phone reset twice today, first 2 resets I've had in over a two week period and after dialing in #*377:
    a reset was caused while running TakePhone
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:2666, Chunk over-locked
    Both crashes occured right when I ended each phone call from a BT headset.
    Any ideas?
    Hi,

    Sorry to hear that.

    1. Are you using any other call related applications, such as CallFilter, TreoGuard, etc. ?

    2. What settings do you have in TAKEPhONE's "PalmOne Treo" preferences page ?

    3. Does these crashes ALWAYS occur in the same scenario ?

    Thanks
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4. #24  
    Hi Shimon,
    I am not using any other call related applications.
    Here are the settings that I have in the PalmOne Treo preference page:
    Check mark in "Use built-in Speed-Dial data"
    Tap & Hold = > EDIT
    Check mark in "SMS" hardware button starts a new SMS to: pick from list
    Return after TAKEphONE calls
    Voicemail - show indicator only
    check mark in "Do pauses"
    I don't recall if both call crashes occurred in same scenario. I'll keep an eye on it today and see if it reproduces.

    Thanks
    Last edited by millerhifi; 03/02/2005 at 10:59 AM.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  5. #25  
    Shimon,

    I was using Takephone today on my 650, after deleting the beta a while back. I tried to hold down the "1" button to access my voicemail and I got some message that said "No Phone Number". I can't afford to beta test right now, but I thought I would mention the issue.

    Jeff
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Shimon,

    I was using Takephone today on my 650, after deleting the beta a while back. I tried to hold down the "1" button to access my voicemail and I got some message that said "No Phone Number". I can't afford to beta test right now, but I thought I would mention the issue.

    Jeff
    Hi,

    TAKEphONE is actually out of beta.
    Can you tell me how you set up your voicemail favourites entry ?

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  7. #27  
    I know.. I mean I was using it while it was in Beta.. Then deleted it.. . Just reinstalled and tried it again now that it is out of beta.

    Not sure what you mean about Voicemail favourites entry.. I didn't change anything related to this...
    The "1" button should just dial my cell phone telephone number, and go to voicemail.

    It did for a while... then it stopped...

    I had takephone set to display and handle Voicemail indicator..

    I tried changing the indicator to Display Voicemail indicator only...

    I still got that message..

    Holding down the "1" key worked fine in the phone application.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    I know.. I mean I was using it while it was in Beta.. Then deleted it.. . Just reinstalled and tried it again now that it is out of beta.

    Not sure what you mean about Voicemail favourites entry.. I didn't change anything related to this...
    The "1" button should just dial my cell phone telephone number, and go to voicemail.

    It did for a while... then it stopped...

    I had takephone set to display and handle Voicemail indicator..

    I tried changing the indicator to Display Voicemail indicator only...

    I still got that message..

    Holding down the "1" key worked fine in the phone application.
    Do you have a "voicemail" entry in your favourites ?
    If so - what do you have in it ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  9. #29  
    yes... If you are talking about Favorites Button, then yes.. All Treo 650's come with that Favorite. It is set for Button "1" and has my cell phone number in it.

    It worked in the built-in phone application, just not in Takephone.
  10. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    yes... If you are talking about Favorites Button, then yes.. All Treo 650's come with that Favorite. It is set for Button "1" and has my cell phone number in it.

    It worked in the built-in phone application, just not in Takephone.
    I have the same problem when I dial (and hold) the '1' ('E') button on the keypad. But I have no problem when I dial (and hold) the '1' button on the screen. When I dial (and hold) the '1' ('E') button on the keypad, TAKEphONE says "Hotkey E detected' and then claims there is no number stored. In the builtin phone app, the favorites buttons assume that the letters and numbers are the same button. So you can't assign one favorite to the '1' button and another to the 'E' button. They are the same. TAKEphONE has the same restriction when creating favorites, but when dialing they seem to be treated separately. Interestingly, when I look at the favorites screen in TAKEphONE, it shows the letter 'E' for the voicemail favorite. But I can only get that favorite when I dial a '1' on the screen, not when I dial an 'E' on the keypad.

    Dave
  11. #31  
    If I press and hold the "1" (E) while in TakePhone, it dials my voicemail.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  12.    #32  
    To Carrel & Mogulman -
    Would you be willing to help me resolve this ?

    If you would - please email me (contact@shsh.com) your favourites database (it should be called "PhoneFavouritesDB.pdb" or something like that on your desktop)

    Of course - I promise to keep this to myself, and delete once I am done debugging.

    Thanks in advance !
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  13. #33  
    Shimon,

    I just emailed it to you.
  14. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    please email me (contact@shsh.com) your favourites database
    incoming...
  15.    #35  
    Hi,

    Thanks guys.
    Found the problem. Will post a fix shortly.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  16. #36  
    Has anybody experienced any issues with build 034?
    I have had a couple of resets in the last few days "without even touching my phone". The phone will be sitting on my desk and it resets, a #*377 (dial) said "A reset was caused on x/xx/xx at xx:xx while running "TakePhone", Fatal Exception.
    Any ideas?
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Has anybody experienced any issues with build 034?
    I have had a couple of resets in the last few days "without even touching my phone". The phone will be sitting on my desk and it resets, a #*377 (dial) said "A reset was caused on x/xx/xx at xx:xx while running "TakePhone", Fatal Exception.
    Any ideas?
    Hi,

    Sorry to hear that.

    Can you tell me:

    - What settings you have in TAKEphONE's "PalmOne Treo" preferences page ?
    - Could it be those happened when you received a call ? an sms ? an email ?
    - Are you using any background application - reading emails ? IM ?

    Thanks.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  18. #38  
    Hi Shimon,
    PalmOne Treo settings:
    check marked: use built in speed dial data
    tap & hold=> Edit
    check marked: SMS hardware button starts a new sms to "pick from list"
    return after all calls
    voicemail-show indicator only
    check marked: do pauses
    check marked: Auto redial on busy
    time between retries - 5secs
    no. of retries - 3
    It's possible that it's happened after receiving a call (trying to remember)
    I am using a background app (IM app Verichat) and I have gotten a similar error with it as well.

    Thanks for the help
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    I am using a background app (IM app Verichat) and I have gotten a similar error with it as well.

    Thanks for the help
    Hi,

    How often are those resets ?
    Would you try disabling background Verichat, to see if it causes them ?

    (it seems the #*377 messages may show up a "non guilty" application if the crash occurs by a background code while insode another app)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  20. #40  
    Not often on the resets, 1 a day maybe 2.
    I'll disable Verichat for the day and see what happens.

    Thanks
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions