1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems with Launcher X ?

I tried installing version 1.1 and when I try to register it with my reg code, it soft resets device

Too bad cause I love this Launcher the best for its simplicity.

Cheers
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    You might want to try deleting the LauncherX preferences file. Usually resets like that are caused by a corrupted database.
    Zane
    Does not work with 650.

Seems like a "dead" product.

Too bad.
    Actually, it's on the list for complete compatibility except for the "select" button. That should be fixed, but we do not know when.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Does not work with 650.

Too bad.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    You might want to try deleting the LauncherX preferences file. Usually resets like that are caused by a corrupted database.
    Zane
    Ok thanks for the tip - just deleted and re-installed - so far so good - love this Launcher though - hopefully it will be updated soon

BTW, where to I find the preferences database for Launcher?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Ok thanks for the tip - just deleted and re-installed - so far so good - love this Launcher though - hopefully it will be updated soon

BTW, where to I find the preferences database for Launcher?
    Don't count on soon, I love LX, but the developer passed away, sadly enough. Another party has indicated they will continue with development, but there are no indications that it will be quick.

I would love to go back to LX, but without the center button forget it. (Yes, I know I can use the enter key)
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Anyone else having problems with Launcher X ?

I tried installing version 1.1...
    Note that Launcher X is currently up to version 1.1.1.

hopefully it will be updated soon
    Sadly, this is probably not the case. The LauncherX support boards have more details, but the original developer passed away, and while (as I recall) the folks who brought you SnapperMail are talking about stepping into the void, it sounds like updates won't be coming any time soon.

..Chris..
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Does not work with 650.

Too bad.
    Works fine on my 650!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Works great - and very stable - on my 650.
    I also use Launcherx on the 650 and have for years, no resets for me.

**The lack off support for the select button is a minor annoyance, I've been using the program for so long it would be hard to use something else
    I emailed them and got the standard response... 'We are working on it but can not deploy until it is stable' Either way it will be fixed, but no idea when.
    I had it loaded for a few days and it seemd to work fine. To me though, it just ate up too much screen real estate and I found I preferred the nice clean UI as deivered. If I could reduce the tab size to one letter, I'd go for it as I hate the two step to et at the category Iw ant. OTPH, I very rarely leave my main category.

Just loaded wassup though and will try that for a few days.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    To me though, it just ate up too much screen real estate and I found I preferred the nice clean UI as deivered. If I could reduce the tab size to one letter, I'd go for it as I hate the two step to et at the category Iw ant.
    You can change the tab size to one letter. Heck you can use '.' if you want. The picture on the tab is optional too.
    I am also using LX v1.1.1 without any issues on my T650. As far as the center button, you can use the 4 way nav buttons to get to the proper tab, and then just tap the app you want to launch. Not a big deal ...
    Thanks,

np
    Hit the first letter of the app you want to launch on your keyboard than press the return key to launch it. If you have more than one app that starts with the same letter once you have got the first app highlighted than scroll using the 5 way to get to the right app than press return.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I am running Launcher X on the Treo 650 Unlocked version with only the "center" button issue. Thanks for the "enter" key substitution tip!
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GibsonCRG
    Note that Launcher X is currently up to version 1.1.1.
    I was surprised that I hadn't heard about this version before. Until tonight neither had TrackerDog.

But... actually finding this version was an adventure. First, I downloaded lx_111.zip directly from www.launcherx.com, but the LauncherX.prc file inside was zip'ed with some unknown method. I could not extract with UNIX unzip, Win98 unzip, WinXP unzip, FreeZip, ZipItFast, or JustZipIt. I then tried lx_111pg.zip from PalmGear but it has the same problem.

After enough googl'ing I came across the LauncherX discussion boards and found this link that does work:
    http://launcherxplanet.com/versions/LauncherX111.zip

Hopefully this info saves others from the same trouble.

Note that v1.1.1 is a specific fix for a memory mgmt problem.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 02/23/2005 at 02:37 AM.
    Great. It's good to see so many LauncherX folk on this board. I have been using it since the Treo 600 was released. I love this app. I have version 1.1.