1.    #1  
    I have MMPlayer on my Treo 650. While watching an MPG file (or any other file for that matter), I noticed that when I try and use the slide at the bottom to skip through some parts of the video or movie, it does not work. And also when I try to increase or decrease the volume, it acts up also. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, is there another player that I can use that will let me advance the movie and sound without acting up? I have Kinoma, but that doesn't play Mpg's. Thanks, in advance!
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm having issues with MMplayer as well. When I try to exit MMP from a movie, it freezes my 650. I sent them an e-mail with a list of my apps to see if there is a known conflict with MMPlayer...still awaiting a response.

I also read somewhere on these boards that a 1.xx release was upcoming. Nothing official, but maybe that will fix some of these issues.
    I'm having all the same problems. Also, is there a way to turn off the keyboard lights while watching a movie on MMPlayer? Is there a way to pause, go to another app, and come back and not have lost your place?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    ^^ Same issues with MMPlayer, also would like a way to turn off the keyboard...
    "They say my ghetto instrumental detrimental to kids, as if they can't see the misery in which they live." Krazy -Tupac Shakur

"Should we cry when the pope die? My request, we should cry if they cried when we buried Malcom X." Blasphemy - Tupac Shakur
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoufSidah09
    also would like a way to turn off the keyboard...
    KBLights Off is your friend....
    Don't have the issues that you guys have described, how are you creating your AVIs? You might try the bookmarking feature for being able to go back to where you left off, but I've never used it.

GSM 650 using MMPlayer 0.2.14p1
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I'm using Pocket DVD Studio myself
    Pocketdvd works perfectly for me, are you using the latest version of MMplayer with the latest activation 'key' otherwise it will not be optimised for your great 650.
  9.    #9  
    Have the latest "KEY" and version of MMPLAYER tried almost everything there is to try, from conversions to re-installing, but it still is messin' up. I see other people are have issues also. Cheer up guys (and or ladies), you're not the only one with the problems (as you can see). Score one for us for not being the ones who are screwing it up!
  10.    #10  
    One other note....I have Kinoma Producer 3..and noticed that I can convert a AVI, MPG into a MPG4 and use Kinoma on my TREO 650 to watch them. It works great, including advancing the movies. And it takes less memory then regular MPG files. So you can get more movies onto a 1GB card. Each movie holds about 1.2 Megs. So I think I'll stick with Kinoma.
    I've never gotten mmPlayer bookmarks to work right. Seems the slider only works if you pause or stop the movie first. My experience with the GUI is that it's often flaky so all I rely on is select a movie, start, pause and stop. I expect a crash for most everything else I try. Finally, it only works if I have 3.9M free. Anything less and it'll error out.

Because of this, I've been playing with SmartMovie (http://www.lonelycatgames.com) lately and it's 100% more stable. Even though it doesn't have all the preference options, MP3 player, and streaming audio capabilities of mmPlayer, that's ok by me. I'd rather have stability since I didn't use those extra features anyway.

I hope mmPlayer gets a remake soon, but I haven't seen any sign of life (at least for the 650) in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I've never gotten mmPlayer bookmarks to work right. Seems the slider only works if you pause or stop the movie first. My experience with the GUI is that it's often flaky so all I rely on is select a movie, start, pause and stop. I expect a crash for most everything else I try. Finally, it only works if I have 3.9M free. Anything less and it'll error out.

Because of this, I've been playing with SmartMovie (http://www.lonelycatgames.com) lately and it's 100% more stable. Even though it doesn't have all the preference options, MP3 player, and streaming audio capabilities of mmPlayer, that's ok by me. I'd rather have stability since I didn't use those extra features anyway.

I hope mmPlayer gets a remake soon, but I haven't seen any sign of life (at least for the 650) in awhile.
    I have been using SmartMovie for a long time. I could not get MMplayer to sync the audio/video no matter how much I played with the settings. Now I encode my DVD's with PocketDVD, then run the .avi through SmartMovie Converter on my desktop. The file size is generally reduced from around 500mb to around 150mb and the audio/video in sync when played in SmartMovie on the device.