Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone received this error message when attempting to connect to T-Mobile's GPRS network? I've been receiving this error message since appr. 2pm EST.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    I get it occasionally on Cingular too. Shutting off the radio and turning it back on and waiting a few minutes seems to clear it.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm, just tried that but it didn't work. Now, I'm not getting the error message - instead, it attempts to sign on to T-Mobile Internet and then "cancelling...". Then, it tries to connect to T-Mobile VPN and after "sign on" it goes to "cancelling...". It appears it's cancelling it's own connections even though I didn't ask it to cancel. Any other thoughts?
  4.    #4  
    Okay, just did a soft reset and that worked. Strange how it just freaked out...
    my treo 650 has started to do the same thing on the t-mobile network, and i resetted it, and it still, every once in a while, continues to do it.

has yours stopped? do you think its hardware or phone network?
  6.    #6  
    It hasn't happened since I reset it...hopefully, it won't happen again. I think it's software related...

How about you - still occurring?
    This happend to me today on T-Mobile also. Hasn't happened before. I had to power the phone off twice to get it working again. But I didn't reset it. I think maybe it was some network problems.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  8.    #8  
    Okay, this is occurring more frequently on mine...how about you guys - bitwaster, bcaslis...anyone else? And, after soft resetting it and attempting to connect to the GPRS network, the phone now displays a message, "Attaching GPRS" for about 10 seconds. Then, it begins logging in to the GPRS network.

I couldn't login to GPRS from 12pn - 4:30pm today - and, the T-Mobile GPRS network was fine. It's really starting to frustrate me...
    hi guys I am in Thailand and get the same problems. it is I think caused by some versamail probelms. do a search of resets and it will give you the solution. It is caused by some corrupt versmail asc files that you need to delete. hope this helps.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBKBAZ
    hi guys I am in Thailand and get the same problems. it is I think caused by some versamail probelms. do a search of resets and it will give you the solution. It is caused by some corrupt versmail asc files that you need to delete. hope this helps.
    Interesting...I'll have to do a search and see what I find. So, did you have this problem and resolved it by deleting the Versamail files? Also, is this happening only to those who are using Versamail (b/c I'm not - using Chatter Email)?

Anyways, THANKS for posting...finally, I have some info to work with (besides being on-hold with p1 for 15mins about this issue...and still waiting for a Tech Support Rep!).
  11.    #11  
    BBKBAZ, I found the p1 knowledge base article you mentioned but it only refers to resets caused when using or attempting to launch Versamail. This doesn't sound like it will resole the issues I'm having...have you had this error code when attempting to connect to the GPRS network?

Btw, here's the KB article: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541
    I think it is an issue with connecting to GPRS service. Anytime I can not connet to Cingular's GPRS, I get this error. Either through Chattermail, Web, AvantGo, or Preferences>Network>Connect.

Cingular's GPRS was down around my apartment for about 24 hours (tested on my Nokia 6820), and this error continually occured.

If anyone knows anything else, i would appreciate it.
    had the same problem on my 600 today. after a while it went away. must be a t-mo thing
    Palm Pilot->Palm 1000->Palm Vx->Palm VII->Treo 180->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 750->....and then?
  14.    #14  
    I seem to have this issue repeatedly - at least once per day. I also just noticed it seems to happen shortly after I arrive at my desk in the office. Initially, I thought I was getting this error message b/c I had a low signal but the Treo shows full bars. And, in another instance, I was in the car and called T-Mo when I had the problem and they told me there were no outages in the GPRS network. So, I think it's not related to the availability of the GPRS network...

I hope we can find out the root cause of this issue.

One thing I just read in another thread is p1 has been shipping unlocked GSMs with updated firmware and SW (1.15 and 1.05). I wonder if those that have these are having these issues...
    Last edited by koolio; 03/07/2005 at 09:20 PM.
    i've been having a lot of problems connecting to GPRS on my 600 for the past three days. I sometimes get the error message, but most of the time i get that "please wait" screen that hangs your treo while trying to make a network connection. I called t-mobile and they tried to troubleshoot to no avail. at the end they figured is was network problems on their side and said they would continue working on it. I would suggest anyone that is running into this to call t-mobile and get on their case about fixing this.
  16.    #16  
    I called T-Mobile this past weekend when it happened to me and the "Palm expert" just recommended that I do a hard reset; which I did not b/c I don't think that'll solve the issue.
    in prefs go to network - under service chose the "internet" connection.

my sim-card loaded two services onto the treo:

a gprs service

and a

gprs internet service

if I try to connect with the gprs service only browsing is not possible and I see the same error screen.
  18.    #18  
    beelzebueb, I have the following options:
    T-Mobile Internet
    T-Mobile VPN
    T-Zones

I use the Internet connection. Eh, I gave up and just called p1 tonight and had them ship me a replacement unit (hopefully, with the new firmware and software versions).
  19.    #19  
    Btw, got off the phone with p1 Tech Support and he just told me to do a hard reset (I think this is their default answer for everything if the soft reset doesn't work). I didn't do it b/c I want the one with the updated firmware and software so I called p1 back to get a replacement unit shipped to me (since they only send replacement units within 30 days of purchase). Hopefully, this won't reoccur.

Btw, the Tech Support guy told me this error code means that the phone can't get a data connection. However, he coudln't answer why I was constantly getting the error message when the data network was NOT down.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    This is happening to me also, my 4 month old 600 is having trouble connecting to GPRS, usually it says "signing on" for a LONG time, then eventually cancels and either says "no gprs connection" or "error: (0x400b)"
    Last week I was on the phone for 1.5 hours with Tier 3 customer service who determined my 600 needed to be replaced, so today I rec'd the replacement and I swear, the screen backlight is dimmer. I'll have to experiment with both phones, but I definitely won't keep a replacement with a dimmer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    i've been having a lot of problems connecting to GPRS on my 600 for the past three days. I sometimes get the error message, but most of the time i get that "please wait" screen that hangs your treo while trying to make a network connection. I called t-mobile and they tried to troubleshoot to no avail. at the end they figured is was network problems on their side and said they would continue working on it. I would suggest anyone that is running into this to call t-mobile and get on their case about fixing this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast