Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been seeing this for the past week. It happens at least once an hour, if not more. I'll be browsing the internet and all of a sudden data stops working. Also happens when I'm not doing anything with the phone. Chatter will suddenly lose data connection and attempt to get it back. Sometimes it fixes it self in 3 minutes, 10 minutes and sometimes never. I have to reset the phone. It's killing the battery life with this constantly going on.

I have cingular and am using a gemplus card. I havn't had any problems up to now and am thinking of getting an axiom card just to see if this goes away. Quite annoying not to have access to my email for half of the day.
  2. lms
    scavynger;

I have the same symptoms as you, and I have the axiom card.

LMS
    I called the store to see if they had any axiom cards and the guy there told me before changing cards to try changing the network information.

User Name: Changed WSP@CINGULARGRPS.COM to ISP@CINGULARGRPS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    APN: Changed wsp.cingular to isp.cingular

This was about 3 hours ago, and it hasn't dropped the connection yet. Before it was doing it at least once an hour.

My download speen on dslreports.com also went from about 20-40kb/s to 80-100kb/s.

Anyone else make this change recently and see any difference?
    I started receiving this error for the first time today trying to connect to the data network of Cingular in Atlanta. My approximate time was 1PM EST. I can currently connect without incident.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Update: I was on the phone AGAIN with T-Mo support because neither my original or replacement 600 get GPRS connection at my home. My voice signal is ok. Everywhere else was ok for GPRS, until today, now I can't get a signal AT ALL. I did receive a SMS message today about updating the system in my area for the next six months, whatever that means, but basically I have not been able to get GPRS at home for 2 weeks now. So irritating. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    This is happening to me also, my 4 month old 600 is having trouble connecting to GPRS, usually it says "signing on" for a LONG time, then eventually cancels and either says "no gprs connection" or "error: (0x400b)"
    Last week I was on the phone for 1.5 hours with Tier 3 customer service who determined my 600 needed to be replaced, so today I rec'd the replacement and I swear, the screen backlight is dimmer. I'll have to experiment with both phones, but I definitely won't keep a replacement with a dimmer screen.
    I've been in San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose this past week and received the error several times. I think its just a problem with the network being down. Maybe its being upgraded or something.

In all instances where I was no longer able to access the network I had 3-4 bars of signal. I will say that I haven't been dropped in Cali anywhere near as much as I get dropped in Atlanta. Isn't Atlanta Cingular's home office region?
    I'm over in the UK and also having trouble with my 2 day old Treo 650 running original firmware/software.

I can connect to GPRS no probs. but frequently it can not find either of my servers - in-coming or out-going. I talked to Vodafone UK about this last night, and in the end did a soft reset and it worked ok. It also worked ok this morning when I tried it again, and ok just now. I had this problem also with two previous 600's.

I'm looking forward to the official firmware update.
    I'm having the same error messages and problems here just North or Houston. I too was told by T-Ho reps that their guess was that it's more than likely the Treo. The guy I spoke with had a good suggestion though. He stated I should visit a T-Ho store and put my sim card in another phone and see if I can connect to the GPRS network. If I do get through on their test phone, then it's probably the Treo. I'm goint to try and visit a store today and report back.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    I called the store to see if they had any axiom cards and the guy there told me before changing cards to try changing the network information.

This was about 3 hours ago, and it hasn't dropped the connection yet. Before it was doing it at least once an hour.

My download speen on dslreports.com also went from about 20-40kb/s to 80-100kb/s.

I tried both of those and neither work...my settings in my phone are wap as opposed to wsp or isp and that is the only one that works.

rob
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger

Be very careful making that change if you're on Cingular's MEdiaNet plan (as opposed to the PDANet plan) The MEdiaNet plan *only* includes wap.cingular. Normally it won't connect with isp.cingular if you have a MEdiaNet plan, but it's possible for your account to be configured with pay as you go isp.cingular. If that's the case, even if you're on an unlimited MEdiaNet plan then you'll be charged for data usage.

Again, this doesn't apply if you're on the PDANet plan.

Brett
    I'm an Chinese.And I also get that error msg from my Treo600 about one time a day.
    I thought it was related to the frequently change of signal strength.
    I go by Metro once a day to get to my working place.In metro, the signal will be lost in the tunnel,and restore at each metro station.

After going out the metro ,I usually get this error msg when I try to connect the GPRS. And until now I have found only switching wireless mode off and back on can solve this problem.
    The first thing i have to say is, since i switched from cingular/at&t to T-Mobile this error started occurring way more often than before.
    I have found that it might be due to the location of my office, since whenever I leave and get in the car, is works. go figure, but if I find any other solutions, I'll be glad to post them.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12