1.    #1  
    If I start my T-Mobile GPRS connection on my Treo via Blazer or Versamail, I've noticed that my GPRS connection (The 2 green arrows on top of my signal bars) stay on.

Is there a way to make it timeout after X minutes of inactivity? I've attempted to look in the Network Prefs, but since I'm using one of the pre-configured network settings (T-Zones), I can't see any options there (or even duplicate the connection into a new one). Same for setting up a fresh one, I can't find a spot to configure time-out.

I assume that I want to disconnect as this will conserve my battery and since I can't run any of the interactive always-on applications (say, IM) due to port limiations on my T-Zones, I'm not really taking advantage of this.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    If I start my T-Mobile GPRS connection on my Treo via Blazer or Versamail, I've noticed that my GPRS connection (The 2 green arrows on top of my signal bars) stay on.

Is there a way to make it timeout after X minutes of inactivity? I've attempted to look in the Network Prefs, but since I'm using one of the pre-configured network settings (T-Zones), I can't see any options there (or even duplicate the connection into a new one). Same for setting up a fresh one, I can't find a spot to configure time-out.

I assume that I want to disconnect as this will conserve my battery and since I can't run any of the interactive always-on applications (say, IM) due to port limiations on my T-Zones, I'm not really taking advantage of this.

Any help would be appreciated.
    you should be able to duplicate it, no problem. go into prefs > network, and then select t-zones. then hit the menu button and tap duplicate. you'll then have an edittable t-zones network config, but i'm not so sure it has an option for a timeout feature.

i agree with you though, on how useful that feature would be.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
  3.    #3  
    Nope.. no go... I try to duplicate the network entry and it claims:

"This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be duplicated."

But at least I know the idle timeout is not something I'm overlooking.

Is the battery substantialy drained from having GPRS connection active all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by mspalacios
    Nope.. no go... I try to duplicate the network entry and it claims:

"This network service has been pre-installed by your mobile service provider, and cannot be duplicated."

But at least I know the idle timeout is not something I'm overlooking.

Is the battery substantialy drained from having GPRS connection active all the time?
    hmm...then go into the network prefs and hit menu and select new. then copy these settings into the profile and save it as "t-zonesGPRS". you should then be able to check if the timeout feature is available from there.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I really don't think you need to worry about this. I've found that after a while it will completely disconnect. Even so, it's not really sending any data and not really using more battery life than having the phone on. The arrows are really green and light gray (very hard to tell apart). Only when it's actively sending or receiving data is power being used.

I've never seen any noticable power usage from this on either my Treo 600 or now my Treo 650.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680