1.    #1  
    I accidently find the way to silent the incoming phone call ringer. Press the Calendar or the Messaging button and you will be able to silent the ring and the vibrating option (if you set it on), OR you can tap anywhere outside the screen (on the black rings outside the graphics on the screen), it will silent the rings but not the vibration.

Hope this helps.

Chris
    I think that hitting any key (with the exception of the green phone key) and the ringer will be silenced.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
  3.    #3  
    Mine is an unlocked GSM version. tried hitting any key just simply does not silent the ring. the 600 side key does that, but on mine it can't.
    Yes there is a is a thread about this issue here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73815

Looks like the Unlocked PalmOne GSM phones are only able to selence the ringer with the calendar and message keys, while all other phones can use the side buttons as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    Yes there is a is a thread about this issue here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73815

Looks like the Unlocked PalmOne GSM phones are only able to selence the ringer with the calendar and message keys, while all other phones can use the side buttons as well.
    Ya I confirmed that last night with my unlocked 650. It's annoying because as someone pointed out the side keys are always at hand when it's in my case but I have to flip open the case lid to get to the calendar/message keys. It's clearly a bug because the manual says side keys. P1 needs to fix this. Are they fixing it. (One guy in the other actually got them to agree to send him a new phone but why it'll just have the same problem.) Annoying. Not the worste problem in the word but definitely annoying.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I just squeeze the volume keys on the left side.
    Or is that too easy for you guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbauer-ctu24
    I just squeeze the volume keys on the left side.
    Or is that too easy for you guys?
    It doesn't work on the Unlocked GSM phones.
    Great - thanks.