1.    #1  
    Hi!

I am going to (soon) be a new owner of a Handspring Visor Graphite Deluxe from eBay! I want to transfer Mac text files of Windows ".txt" files to my Visor for reading later, from my computer using the HotSync Cradle. Anyone know how I can do that?

Also, does anyone know how to get my Mac Outlook Express email on my Visor?

Thanx!
    iCool - doncom@buyamac.com
  2. mc9
    Originally posted by iMaX:
    Hi!

I am going to (soon) be a new owner of a Handspring Visor Graphite Deluxe from eBay! I want to transfer Mac text files of Windows ".txt" files to my Visor for reading later, from my computer using the HotSync Cradle. Anyone know how I can do that?

Also, does anyone know how to get my Mac Outlook Express email on my Visor?

Thanx!
    iCool - doncom@buyamac.com
    Congrats! Welcome to the wonderful world of the Visor (wow! That's a line - isn't it).

To get .TXT files on your Visor, you need

1. a document reader program for the Visor like ISilo, ISilo free, CSpotRun, etc. Just check out palmgear.com and search for Document Readers.
    You can also search the VC archives, you will find a couple of threads mentioning the different programs and their strengths/weaknesses.

2. You need a program to convert the .TXT etc. files to Palm document format. Depending which kind of document reader you use on the Visor, you could try ISilo for Windows (oops, you are using a Mac - right? )
    Sorry! But there should be a couple of Document converters for the Mac

To sync with Outlook Express - the Visor comes with a conduit that lets you sysnc your Outlook Express email - at least with Windoze. I don't know if it also works with the Mac version, but I guess it should. Just give it a try.

Good luck!

mc9
    I use a product called Make Book - available from Peanut Press @ www.peanutpress.com. Look for the "make books" link at the top of the page.
    - It makes it a snap to either create original .txt files or translate .txt to .pdb files.
    - the best kind of program: simple, reliable, free & it works!
    Mac Palm Doc is the best I've found for converting text files to DOC format on the Mac. Then you'll need a DOC reader (I use TealDoc, but there's lots of them), or a text editor if you want to edit them. SmartDoc and TakeNote seem to be the best editors in the DOC format, but pedit is the best all-around text editor and makes it very easy to convert back and forth from the DOC format.