1.    #1  
    I am having trouble with the internal speaker and speaker phone volume levels...I called palmOne to see about exchanging my phone (purchased from them directly) and they said the only way to do that is to return the phone for a credit and purchase a new one...I can't arrange for a direct exchange.

Has this been the case for everyone who exchanged an UNLOCKED GSM model originally purchased from the palmOne store?

I am in Canada, we don't have brick and mortar venues to exchange the phones...the palmOne webstore is the only option. They will send the prepaid shipping label and say they will credit my card when they get the phone (after reading about another members' "missing phone" when he returned it to the warehouse..I am reluctant to do this), but then I must call palmOne and order a new phone...they promise I will get the $599 price I paid for it even though it is a brand new order.

This sounds a little strange...anyone else ???
    Quote Originally Posted by joolsca
    I am having trouble with the internal speaker and speaker phone volume levels...I called palmOne to see about exchanging my phone (purchased from them directly) and they said the only way to do that is to return the phone for a credit and purchase a new one...I can't arrange for a direct exchange.

Has this been the case for everyone who exchanged an UNLOCKED GSM model originally purchased from the palmOne store?

I am in Canada, we don't have brick and mortar venues to exchange the phones...the palmOne webstore is the only option. They will send the prepaid shipping label and say they will credit my card when they get the phone (after reading about another members' "missing phone" when he returned it to the warehouse..I am reluctant to do this), but then I must call palmOne and order a new phone...they promise I will get the $599 price I paid for it even though it is a brand new order.

This sounds a little strange...anyone else ???
    I know for that hofo_mofo received a defective unit and he was able to have them send him a new one for exchange along with a package for him to return the old one. I think another member was told what you were told but he insisted on talking with a supervisor and eventually got the same deal as hofo_mofo. Call back and push a little they may accomodate you. It's worth a try.

If they won't budge I would mention what happened with the other member who's returned phone went missing and ask PI what insurance/guarentees they have on the return shipping because it would definitely suck to return a phone have it stolen from the return package and then be held liable for it. I'd want to know what the deal is before I drop the phone in the mail.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    I am in the process of exchanging mine for the same reason as yours. When I called palmone, they said they would ship me out a new one at no charge, then I would have 9 days to return the defective one. I didn't even ask for this, thats just what they told me they were going to do...no problem. They also emailed me instructions explaining this, and I already recieved confirmation that my new unit has shipped. I would worry if I were you about getting the $599 price on a new order.
    call back and speak to someone else...I had a replacement sent to me the next day, I didn't have to send my defective one back first.

Be sure to remind them...it's a PHONE, and that you can't be without it for that long.
    1 | 2