1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Since there are voice recorders for the Treo, and calling my mailbox is not free (T-mobile germany), it would be a great feature for me to have the mailbox/answering machine build into the Treo.

It could then even play different messages for different callers.

What do you think? Is there an app that can do this?

- Julian -
    Business Case for the Treo 650?
    - Cam-Phone, PDA, MP3 player, GPS navigation, Remote Control for my Home Entertainment (TVedia), VoIP-Phone, USB Stick
    Quote Originally Posted by hugo
    Hi guys,

Since there are voice recorders for the Treo, and calling my mailbox is not free (T-mobile germany), it would be a great feature for me to have the mailbox/answering machine build into the Treo.

It could then even play different messages for different callers.

What do you think? Is there an app that can do this?

- Julian -

Sorry I don't think this is possible b/c afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $direct$ $audio$ $connection$ $between$ $the$ $OS$ $the$ $the$ $phone$ $mic$. $For$ $example$, $in$ $order$ $to$ $record$ $phone$ $conversations$, $the$ $Treo$ $must$ $either$ $be$ $in$ $speakerphone$ $mode$ $or$ $connected$ $via$ $Seidio$ $2$-$in$-$1$ $cable$. $Thus$, $in$ $order$ $for$ $the$ $Treo$ $to$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $record$ $messages$, $it$ $would$ $have$ $to$ $be$ $in$ $speakerphone$ $mode$ $only$ $which$ $is$ $not$ $a$ $workable$ $solution$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions