1.    #1  
    Excuse my ignorance, but can someone tell me how to access datebook icons. I have datebook 3+ and even downloaded extra icons and can't figure out how to access them.

Thanks in advance!
    Make sure you have first set up all the icons as a memo titled Datebk3.

From within the Datebk3 application select MENU, OPTIONS, MORE PREFERENCES. Then check the box for icons.

Then place your cursor within an appointment, select DET, you will then jump to the details screen. Click the ICON button. Select the icon you want and then click OK.

That's it.

[This message has been edited by lgreenberg (edited 07-28-2000).]
    You can also make your own icons. I use DBiced from Inertron Software. It's free and does the job well. Just remember, 52 is all you get...

------------------
    Built for comfort, not for speed...
  4.    #4  
    Igreenberg:

Thanks for the input, but I still can't get them to work. My datebook3+ doesn't have a
    "more preferences" option.

Anything else I can do?

[This message has been edited by kalaban (edited 07-28-2000).]
    Ah, now I see the problem.

You are referring to the Datebook program which came with the Visor, Datebook+. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but althoug it was written by Pimlico software it does not utilize icons.

To use icons you need to get Datebk3 or the newly released Datebk4 from Pimlico Software. These Datebook replacement applications are the ones which use icons.

[This message has been edited by lgreenberg (edited 07-28-2000).]
    Originally posted by lgreenberg:
    although it was written by Pimlico software it does not utilize icons
    This is correct. The HS version of Datebook+ does NOT support the icons. For that you will need the commercial version of Datebook3 or 4.

------------------
    MarkEagle - Ice is nice!
  7.    #7  
    thanks folks! I thought I wasn't following the directions. They should state this in the download (about needing comercial version).

I may have to breakdown and buy datebook4
    after all!

Originally posted by kalaban:
    I may have to breakdown and buy datebook4
    after all!
    I personally love my copy of Datebk4.
    You really should have either that or Action Names.

Datebk4 review: http://www.jeffkirvin.com/writingony...lumn000425.htm

Head to head comparison of Datebk4 and Action Names http://www.jeffkirvin.com/writingony...lumn000619.htm