1.    #1  
    when I go to enter the voicemail number in the favorites "voicemail 1", do I enter my phone number or it has to be a number provided by Cingular?
    The number "should" be automatically provided by Cingular. That field is not usually user-editable. The problem is that Cingular is having some compatibility problems with the Treo 650s and their new 64K SIM "smartchips" which, among other things, corrupts the VM number. palmOne and Cingular are aware of this and are working on a solution.

In the meantime, you need to edit your favorite pages and move that "Voicemail 1" favorite off to page 5. Then, in the empty space on page 1 create a new Voicemail favorite. You will need to contact Cingular customer service to figure out what is the correct number you should be dialing. You will not be able to use the 1 key or the voicemail icon to check voicemail, only this new Voicemail favorite you created. This is a workaround while Cingular and palmOne fix this.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    that is strange, cause after a few hard resets, when I press on the voicemail 1 favorite, it asks me for the phone number to be dialed.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I had no number in there when I got my phone. I called Tech support at cingular and they told me to put my cell number in there as opposed to some other number. This seems to work and have not had any issues as of yet.

rob
    The field becomes "editable" after a hard reset, and most of the time it populates it with zeroes or with alphanumeric characters. It seems that in your case the field is just empty, which gives you an opportunity to enter the number. Get the number from Cingular and put it in there. It may work for a while. However, after you turn your phone off and on a few times, it may go back to all zeroes or empty again.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Cingular reset mine somehow in order to correct the problem...
    It won't hold. You'll have the problem again.
    search other threads. this is a sims card error. it is discussed in lenght. there is also a work around that I use that is discussed in another thread.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    It won't hold. You'll have the problem again.
    who are you reponding too?

rob
    This method worked for me, and I had the same problems: http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ExpertiseCode= . They're "fix" is rediculous, it takes away all the functionality of the speed dial, clicking "listen" on voicemail alerts, and tapping the voicemail icon. After the question "do you want enter the number" and clicking yes, then entering the number, I've not had the problem again. My only problem was reversing two numbers, hence having to use the above method.
    This is an old problem. Do you have the Axalto SIM card and Cingular Firmware update installed? You shouldn't have to work around this anymore.