Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I am not having any luck with Wav2Tones by Toysoft. It sees the files but doesn't do anything at all.

Does anyone know of a good (preferably free as I only have 1 file to convert) wav to midi conversion program.

Thank you!
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Any reason you wish to convert the wav files to midi? If your looking to conserve space I would reccomend a ringtone app over using something that sounds as terrible as a midi file.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Yes, a ringtone app is better. I also tried the new app by Toysoft, works well, but takes up to much memory. We need to keep as much memory on our 650 or else its useless.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So what is a good ringtone app and are any of them free?
    I just used some free mp3 to wav program I found (via google) at www.mp3fe.com. I converted the song I wanted to be my ringtone to WAV from MP3, then used the built in microsoft sound recorder to cut out the first 30 seconds of the song. This left me with about a 5 meg file which is large but those 1gb SD chips are cheap now and I have a brand new one with nothing on it so I bluetoothed my 30 second wave file over to the 650 and presto I can use it as my ring tone. No toysoft needed.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Any reason you wish to convert the wav files to midi? If your looking to conserve space I would reccomend a ringtone app over using something that sounds as terrible as a midi file.
    Actually you are correct. What I really need is a wav compressor.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Quote Originally Posted by Exciter
    Actually you are correct. What I really need is a wav compressor.
    if you have a t650 you can edit the sound file and save it as a compressed wav file and lightwav or mp3Ringer with wavplayer installed can play it fine. The compressed wav is alot smaller than the normal uncompressed version and they can be on the card or in ram.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    if you have a t650 you can edit the sound file and save it as a compressed wav file and lightwav or mp3Ringer with wavplayer installed can play it fine. The compressed wav is alot smaller than the normal uncompressed version and they can be on the card or in ram.
    Smiley88,

What is the technical reason that there is not a similar wav2midi application for the Treo 600?

Are there any plans on providing a wav2midi application for the Treo 600?
    Ndugu
    Converting from wav to midi is complicated and therefore difficult to implement well. wav is recorded sound and midi is composed sound, so they are very different in structure. So, that means software would have to analyze the wav to come up with the proper instrument composition of the midi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Smiley88,

What is the technical reason that there is not a similar wav2midi application for the Treo 600?

Are there any plans on providing a wav2midi application for the Treo 600?
    From what I understand, it actually doesn't convert to midi, it redoes the wav file into an AMR file. Which the 650 can read but the 600 can not. I'm really not sure why it's falsly advertised like that.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...76703#msg76703
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    From what I understand, it actually doesn't convert to midi, it redoes the wav file into an AMR file. Which the 650 can read but the 600 can not. I'm really not sure why it's falsly advertised like that.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to...76703#msg76703
    Thanks for the info! Looks like I should register at mytreo.net for additional G2 on the Treo!!

I was originally excited by the wav2midi possibilities. Can anyone else provide the ability to have the Treo use voice responses as alerts and alarms instead of the usual midi sounds? Example: Datebk5, Snappermail, SEVEN, etc. only provide for midi alert selections.
    Ndugu