1.    #1  
    I haven't seen this one mentioned on the threads so I'm throwing it out. I've had it about two weeks and this problem is new. When I dial a number using the touchpad and hit "dial" the system reboots.

I've only installed Missing Sync so far. I've done the *377 and once it said "MemoryMgr" error citing a line of code and another time it cited the "phone" for crashing. Very odd.

Finally, it now occasionally reboots when I hit the "home" button. In this instances it cites a "fatal exception" with the phone. I'm hardly taxing the memory on this thing so I'm really clueless at this point.

Any advice?

Thanks...
    Do a good backup and do a hard reset. Cingular is having problems with their SIMs and they are working on it. It has happened to me and my wife (we both have Cingular Treo 650s), and after the phones start acting wiggy a hard reset seems to calm them down - for a while.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    this also happens occasionally on my sprint 650. so not exclusive to cingular phones or their SIMs.
    I'm within my 30 day warranty. My phone is unusable, lockups and slowdowns. Cingular is sending a replaclement, but I am instructed to keep the SIM and stylus, just exchange the phone. I have little confidence they will solve my problems, will send probable have to send the whole thing back. I love the device, wish it would work. This is the first I've heard of SIM problem. My hard resets work for a very short time. I have only Zlauncher and 1gb 32x Lexar card. I'm very disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmr1
    I'm within my 30 day warranty. My phone is unusable, lockups and slowdowns. Cingular is sending a replaclement, but I am instructed to keep the SIM and stylus, just exchange the phone. I have little confidence they will solve my problems, will send probable have to send the whole thing back. I love the device, wish it would work. This is the first I've heard of SIM problem. My hard resets work for a very short time. I have only Zlauncher and 1gb 32x Lexar card. I'm very disappointed.
    Can you let us know if the replacement phone has a different firmware on it? On the phone app, click on Options and Phone Info. My firmware is 1.04, and i got one of the first ones from Cingular. I am curious to see if the replacement has a newer version.

Thanks!
    Cingular Treo 650
  6.    #6  
    Do you know if Cingular will be issuing a firmware upgrade soon?
    No, but I do know the stores got an email today explaning the problems with the 64K SIMs made by Gemplus. They are being asked to put a 64K SIM made by Axalto or an older 32K SIM. Some folks have already done that, so we have to wait and see if it does anything. I had mine swapped yesterday, but I didn't know there was a difference in SIMs and got another Gemplus. I am headed to another store tomorrow to see if they have any Axaltos...
    Cingular Treo 650
  8.    #8  
    I'll drop by the store today and let you know what happens. I also sent an email to a product manager at Palm hoping she'll have an answer as well.

This thing crashes so often I'm having flashbacks to Windows Me!

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jyunker
    I haven't seen this one mentioned on the threads so I'm throwing it out. I've had it about two weeks and this problem is new. When I dial a number using the touchpad and hit "dial" the system reboots.
    jyunker, I had the exact same problem. Go to a Cing company store and swap out a SIM, as Zboater recommended. I did that today (got a 32k) and it fixed MANY problems, not just the VM issue. They had received the e-mail Z mentioned, so they are in the know.

Zboater: I have an unlocked and my firmware is 01.14. I know some of the differences are bluetooth related because unlockeds can't run Sailing clicker, while Cing's run it fine. Also, I saw on your Treo page that you use TealScript. That program is driving me crazy. I like that I can use G1 strokes, but how do I activate/deactivate it? GA was so much more intuitive in this regard. Is there anyway to selectively activate it with a tap in the corner, or some such? Sorry for the OT, you can PM me with a reply if you want to avoid cluttering this thread. Thanks.
  10.    #10  
    Okay, I just got back from the Cingular store. They swapped the Axalto for the Gemplus - it's a good thing the manager was there and had just read the email from corporate. I just did a hard reset and the problem is a bit improved - that is, my Voicemail # is now working - but the dialing reset keeps occuring. It's very odd - it comes and goes and I can't detect a pattern. Now, I can dial out by selecting a contact, but I can't use the dialpad.

Perhaps I'll go back and try to get them to put in an older SIM. This is so frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingline
    jyunker, I had the exact same problem. Go to a Cing company store and swap out a SIM, as Zboater recommended. I did that today (got a 32k) and it fixed MANY problems, not just the VM issue. They had received the e-mail Z mentioned, so they are in the know.

Zboater: I have an unlocked and my firmware is 01.14. I know some of the differences are bluetooth related because unlockeds can't run Sailing clicker, while Cing's run it fine. Also, I saw on your Treo page that you use TealScript. That program is driving me crazy. I like that I can use G1 strokes, but how do I activate/deactivate it? GA was so much more intuitive in this regard. Is there anyway to selectively activate it with a tap in the corner, or some such? Sorry for the OT, you can PM me with a reply if you want to avoid cluttering this thread. Thanks.
    I have 1.04, but I have Cingular. It seems Cingulars have 1.04 and unlocked Treos have 1.14. Any Cingular users out there with something other than 1.04?

I Pmed you on the Tealscript Q.
    Cingular Treo 650
  12.    #12  
    I have Cingular/1.04 as well.
  13.    #13  
    Okay, I think I'm getting close to cracking this nut. I got the new Axalto card from Cingular and the problems persisted. Then I read on another forum about uninstalling Palm desktop, particularly the backup files.

I didn't go that far because I'm using Missing Sync for Mac and that would entail two uninstalls and another hour of time lost. Instead, I just got rid of the backup file data in my user file on the PC, thinking the problem might be there.

So far, it has only reset once and it was do to two keys being pressed at the same time by accident on my part (it still should not have heppend, but I'll take what I can get at this point). The good news is that the dialpad works without resetting, the voicemail number is back and stays that way.

This is all definitely a SIM/software conflict and I hope to isolate the problem a bit better when I have more time.