Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Since I use hotmail exclusively for all mail (although I do have company mail and utilize exchange client), I really need something more hotmail friendly, this app seems to be what I have been looking for. I just wanted wanted to know if anyone has ACTUALLY used this app. Thanks in advance, the link to the app can be found here .
  2. #2  
    Used it for a while and found it flakey - sometimes it would get all my mail, sometimes not. It also constantly "reads" your mail as it comes in. As a result, your Hotmail (or in my case Yahoo) account never shows any new messages.

    The big thing is you have to be comfortable with all of your mail going through their servers before it gets to you. I also found it expensive for what it does.
  3. #3  
    I was looking at this for my Yahoo! Mail account, since that is my bread and butter (I dont have corporate accounts like yall big dawgs, yet!). Its the only one that I have researched that boasts about Yahoo! access. I was also looking at Versamail (but everyone is slamming it, so I have put that at the bottom of the pile), Snappermail (which has a couple of tiers to choose from), and Agendus Mail. Do any of those work with a regular Yahoo! account?
  4. #4  
    I use Aileron. An excellent Application.

    James
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by James2004
    I use Aileron. An excellent Application.

    James
    Do you use it for Yahoo?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by James2004
    I use Aileron. An excellent Application.
    James, do you work for Aileron?

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...archid=1128190

    -Sabrina
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe
    Used it for a while and found it flakey - sometimes it would get all my mail, sometimes not. It also constantly "reads" your mail as it comes in. As a result, your Hotmail (or in my case Yahoo) account never shows any new messages.

    The big thing is you have to be comfortable with all of your mail going through their servers before it gets to you. I also found it expensive for what it does.
    I also found it to be "flakey" and rather expensive for what it does. When it retrieves your Hotmail it does (usually) mark it as read. Found this was rather random. Finally just migrated over to GMail and use thier POP with Snappermail. Can always still access Hotmail through Blazer when needed.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by topher
    I also found it to be "flakey" and rather expensive for what it does. When it retrieves your Hotmail it does (usually) mark it as read. Found this was rather random. Finally just migrated over to GMail and use thier POP with Snappermail. Can always still access Hotmail through Blazer when needed.
    Good point topher..
  9. McTreo's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    #9  
    I set it up for my Yahoo account and it seemed to work fine. I didn't keep it very long because they don't support OWA like they imply on their website. It wasn't worth the cost for just Yahoo, since my primary email account is Exchange based.

    Try it for the trial period and draw your own conclusions. BTW, the set up for Yahoo was easy.

    Good luck!

    Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

    BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
  10. #10  
    Try this....
    Fusemail (free if you are just fusing one email account) will poll your Hotmail account every few minutes.
    Set it up to forward to your phone at 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
    Use Treohelper(free) to trigger Snapper(not free but worth every penny).

    You will receive your email within 2 to 3 minutes on your Treo.
  11. #11  
    I am currently in trial mode with Aileron and it is easy to set up Yahoo! Mail. However, I am not liking the manner in which it handles attactments. To download even pictures, it seems as though you need to buy seperate plug-ins. And I cant figure out how to upload a picture (I guess I need that plug-in) or any other specific file outside of an application or system file. It does check my Yahoo! Mail reliably, but it is kinda unituitive to read these messages. Instead of highlighting the message and pressing the center button, you have to press the right arrow on the D-pad to open up a floating menu with the options of read, reply, forward, and delete. I can get used to it, but I feel there might be some other quirks I am not too fond of. You cannot view a pic if it is embedded into the email, and it will not show it to you as an attachment unless it was specifically sent as an attachment. Otherwise, it does its job of recieving emails from Yahoo! I havent tried sending yet. And it corsoft has a wonderful (so far) customer service and the website has a nice demo and instructions, so it is almost fail-proof to get started!
  12. #12  
    Here is an alternative solution for Yahoo Mail that I have found. I use Versamail (yeah the 5way nav support could be better but the buttons are large enouh for thumb use, It also serves my needs perfectly as I want to sync w/ outlook and neither snapper or aileron do this). I have Yahoo setup to send a message to my IM account whever a new email arrives. Using Causerrie (Verichat doesn't seem to rec. these messages) I get an alert telling me that I have new email with the sender and subject. If I need that email I can download it, if not I just clear the message and move on. It's not exactly push mail but it's quick and efficient.

    I'm using a 600 w/ the version of verichat for the 600, I can't speak about issues w/ the 650 version.
    Boss - > Pilot -> Casioppieia A -> IIIc -> Clie SJ33 -> Treo 600
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo
    I set it up for my Yahoo account and it seemed to work fine. I didn't keep it very long because they don't support OWA like they imply on their website. It wasn't worth the cost for just Yahoo, since my primary email account is Exchange based.

    Try it for the trial period and draw your own conclusions. BTW, the set up for Yahoo was easy.

    Good luck!

    Mac
    -Mac
    OWA is functional now. OWA is an add-on option offered with Aileron Mail Personal Access service that is designed for individual users. Aileron Mail Personal Access is a hosted service that is offered on an annual basis while OWA is offered as a one time purchase.
    Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help you.
    Tim K
  14. santas's Avatar
    Posts
    624 Posts
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimK
    -Mac
    OWA is functional now. OWA is an add-on option offered with Aileron Mail Personal Access service that is designed for individual users. Aileron Mail Personal Access is a hosted service that is offered on an annual basis while OWA is offered as a one time purchase.
    Feel free to reach us online for a live chat support from 7.00 am EST onwards and we will be glad to help you.
    Is OWA really $200?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  15. Midwife's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #15  
    Santa, I wondered why you asked this so just checked their site. Yikes!!!! $200 for OWA in addition to the subscription fee?!?!?!? I can't imagine many folks will go for that...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife
    Santa, I wondered why you asked this so just checked their site. Yikes!!!! $200 for OWA in addition to the subscription fee?!?!?!? I can't imagine many folks will go for that...
    OWA is worth spending as the flexible options for information access and the new ways to stay connected enable knowledge workers to be more productive and in control when and how they communicate. And so it is worth spending.

    - OWA enables you to securely access your Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox from any computer with an Internet connection without logging onto your corporate network.
    - It works in a connected and disconected mode only with Aileronmail Personal Access.
    - And as OWA doesn't need installation, your IT departments can reduce support costs.
    - Remote workers are no longer tethered to a cable, they can check their e-mail messages, and continue to communicate with their customers, partners, and coworkers wherever and whenever they choose—in the car, at their customer's location, at the airport, at a remote office, a customer site, or even an 802.11 hot spot such as their local Internet café, and can start OWA from any Internet-connected computer to gain security-enhanced access to Exchange Server.

    I hope this helps to justify the cost. Feel free to reach us online for fast and interactive chat support.
    Tim K

Posting Permissions