Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Hi all -

Well, my Treo 600's been doing the phone reset a few times a day for the last couple of months. Figured it was time to get it replaced since my warranty is almost over.

Called up. Did they hard reset they requested, still had the problem. They agreed to send me a replacement.

So far so good.

Tonight I dropped my Treo. Although my screen has no visible damage, I think I've broken it. I've got this nice 1/2 blue line across the bottom of my screen now.

So my problem:

1) I could just pretend it didn't happen, and when the replacement arrives, I could just send back my current Treo with the partially broken screen. They would either ignore it, or charge me the $179 because it's a injury not covered by warranty.

2) I could call them and tell them what happened and beg forgiveness and ask what my options are.

3) I could trash it and say it's only $140 more to get a 650 (although I don't really have the money, and I'd have to get a bunch of new accessories).

Of course I won't even think about adding into the mix the fact that I've currently got an unbranded 600 and the shipping notice I just got said they were sending me a Cingular model.

Advice please. I'm clueless how to proceed.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Just send it in, let it be. They know its a junk phone, that's why they will replace it, no worries....send it in the way it is, they won't say a thing.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    That's what I'm thinking. Does anyone know... do they charge the full $179 for a broken screen?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    They shipped the replacement. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow. Any other thoughts?
    Haha... I don't know how, but somehow I told them I needed a replacement at PalmOne. They said you get a one time replacement for free if you didn't do anything to it (Grin). They do take your credit card information but I have since turned in my phone 2 months ago and have been charged yet.

Downside is it took 1 1/2 months to get my treo in. In fact, DHL the shipping company lost it twice. Terrible shipper.

I really don't know how I survived. I just claimed "blonde roots" excuse because I couldn't remember a damn thing. Also, good thing I had my old phone from Cingular to pop my SIM card into.