1.    #1  
    Does anyone out there know of a good program that can transfer Adobe Reader format into Palm format to be read in some doc program? May need a good Doc program as well. Would like to see my new Stephen King Part 1 installment on my Palm just like Riding the Bullet
    RichReader has a windows program called PDRTORR that will do what you want. It isn't pretty but it is usable.
  3.    #3  
    Where is that available on?
    see the link in the VisorCentral news item of King's book.
    A couple old threads might be helpful -
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/F...ML/000279.html
    http://discussion.visorcentral.com/F...ML/000396.html

Multicolumn brochures and newsletters don't translate very well. Also, watchout for password protected pdf files, as they choke most conversion utilities.

The solution that yields the best results is a pain. Print the pdf file (preferably on a 1200dpi laser printer), scan the printout, run the scanned document through an OCR package, and output to a plain text file. The text file is easily converted to DOC.
    I downloaded King's book (after paying my $1), then I used InstallBuddy to convert it to .txt format. Took all of a few seconds. Now I'll be able to read it at work.

------------------
    Joe V. - Simi Valley, CA
    I used InstallBuddy too, but the results are slightly ugly with King's story.

Another conversion option to explore. Send the PDF as a MIME attachement to PDF2TXT or PDF2HTML@adobe.com.

Dan
    I forgot to mention that I re-formatted it in Word, then re-installed it onto my Visor. Now it's only a little ugly!

------------------
    Joe V. - Simi Valley, CA
    I found a shareware (not freeware) application that translates directly from .pdf to palm formats... It's called Konverter, and I found it at Download.com.

I haven't tried it with the King book, but I was avble to reformat some on-line pdf docs for my work...

-Larry

[This message has been edited by LarryN (edited 07-27-2000).]
    Any for the Mac?
    Both links that I provide above include web-based conversion utilities which should work with the Mac.