Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Just got a notification from Expansys -- they have 40 in stock now... $48 shipped

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product....650_CRADLE_KIT
    One of the cradles I purchased, quit syncing. Called palmone and supposedly a replacement is in the mail.
    What happens is in the cradle Sync Manager does not come up, remove cable from cradle and plug cable directly into phone all is well

FYI
    Bump... see 2 posts up... epansys has em in stock. Same day $5 ups ground shipping

still 39 left
    Got mine delivered from buy.com yesterday....FINALLY. All is well. Setup was fine. Charged Treo and extra battery overnight.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Buy.com has "limited availability"

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...91&dcaid=15975

My cradle from ecost shipped last week and I finally got it today. Finalllllly
    1 | 2
    Im waiting for dans to get it. Buy.com doesnt take paypal
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Sold out at buy.com
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    Im waiting for dans to get it. Buy.com doesnt take paypal
    Don't you have a credit card?

Away on a desktop no crib for his bed,
    my little sweet treo just reset instead,
    the mooooods in the forum look at what i write,
    my little sweet treo just crashed for the night

I ordered from amazon, via $25 dollar gift cert. (so i payed 15) but it is worth the wait? I just dont know
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  11. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Just got a notification from Expansys -- they have 40 in stock now... $48 shipped

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product....650_CRADLE_KIT
    How do you know how many they have? Did you call them or is there something on the web site I missed? I have been waiting for Dan's. He said he would have them by March 23, but he still doesn't have any. This whole availability issue is crazy.
    Day late and a dollar short bro

It now says "available in 7 days" -- when they had them in stock, it showed how many there were on hand. And it WAS 40 when I posted that a week ago.

Enter your email in the "notify me when availble" area on the left. That's what I did.

13. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    After I saw that some had ordered the cradle from Comp USA for store pickup I tried it yesterday morning. The order went through and said I could pick it up within 15 minutes of the receipt of my email confirmation. Since I live 50 miles from the nearest Comp USA, in Raleigh, NC, it was no problem - I was planning to go to Raleigh today anyway. Sure enough, I got the email confirmation and was ready to go. A few hours later I got a call from the store telling me that they did not have any, even though the web site said they did. When I told her that I had read here that others have had the same experience her response was as if she had heard it all before.
    Quote Originally Posted by hub
    After I saw that some had ordered the cradle from Comp USA for store pickup I tried it yesterday morning. The order went through and said I could pick it up within 15 minutes of the receipt of my email confirmation...A few hours later I got a call from the store telling me that they did not have any, even though the web site said they did...
    You can't trust the inventory numbers given by the website or the automated phone system. Look up the item on the website to get its product number and start calling stores in your area; press "0" during the menu process to get a live store employee. Give the employee the product number and ask him to see if they have any in stock - if so, have him hold it for you, if not, call the next store.
  15. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunatley the next closest store is in Richmond, VA, 120 miles away. I guess I will have to wait for Dan's to get some.

BTW. I talked to someone at Comp USA in Raleigh this morning and she said the reason the web site inventory is wrong is that when someone returns an item the web site updates inventory, but the store does not keep any returned items, they send them to a central warehouse. For some reason the site does not update inventory when returned items are shipped out of the store to the warehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    You can't trust the inventory numbers given by the website or the automated phone system. Look up the item on the website to get its product number and start calling stores in your area; press "0" during the menu process to get a live store employee. Give the employee the product number and ask him to see if they have any in stock - if so, have him hold it for you, if not, call the next store.
    Yeah, I called my Compusa and they looked the stock up on the same crappy system their webpage uses for stock. They told me the same thing -- 5 in stock.

Until I got there... f'ing comp usa stinks

I picked up a cradle from CompUsa in Denver Co last night. There's one left. Store on Mexico ave.

I'm happy to report that my USB sync/charge cable with audio out (3.5) mm pigtail works with the OEM cradle, no need to hack it.. I'll be selling these cables for $30 ea. email me if you'd like one.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Hey newtreouser, do you have pics of the pigtail audio out? Will this work with a headset while the treo 650 is plugged into the cradle? Give us some deets.....
  19. hub
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Has anybody found a retailer who has cradles in stock now. Dan's still does not have any - same with a lot of other vendors, including this site. I can't believe that the 650 has been out for 5 months and still no stock of cradles. Are they making them by hand, one at a time, on Pluto?
    I bought one of the cradles talked about in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=81138

They don't have a battery compartment, but for $14....
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast