Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I just checked the CompUSA website, as I have been doing for a couple weeks! The 650 cradle kit was FINALLY available at my local store (actually at several stores in my area). You can 'reserve' it for in-store pickup and they email you a confirmation and will hold it for 72 hours. Got my confirmation back in about 15 minutes from my online order. Will pick it up tonight after work...

Just thought this might be useful info for the group here.

Oh yeah.... $49.99 + tax
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    I too have been looking on CompUsa's website and they finally had it. Ordered mine and am going to p/u tonight. Thanks for the reminder.
    Don't get too psyched up yet My local Compusa said online that they had some available, I called them up to verify "sure -- it says we have at LEAST five".... Went there, went to the pda area, couldn't find one.. "uhh if it's not on the shelf we dont have them"..

Went to cust svce they looked it up, showed 2 in stock, nobody could find them..... Had them go into the receiving area, everything... No cradle.

Whatever -- I hate that store.
    I assumed the email confirmation they sent back meant that someone at the store actually checked the stock, put it in hold at customer service and sent the reply confirming the availablity...at least that's how they infer it works...I guess I'll find out tonight when I get there...first time I've used their online in store pickup ordering...so it wouldn't surprize me to find the don't actually have it....I'll report back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Don't get too psyched up yet My local Compusa said online that they had some available, I called them up to verify "sure -- it says we have at LEAST five".... Went there, went to the pda area, couldn't find one.. "uhh if it's not on the shelf we dont have them"..

Went to cust svce they looked it up, showed 2 in stock, nobody could find them..... Had them go into the receiving area, everything... No cradle.

Whatever -- I hate that store.
    The one by RF?
    Well, went to CompUSA last night...no problems. They had several 650 cradles in stock, as well as most of the other 650 accessories. My online 'reserved' cradle was waiting for me up front at a new checkout lane just for online orders/in store pickups. First time I've used this service...but I was impressed!
    I ordered mine from Buy.com in February. It FINALLY shipped today. $36.81 with shipping...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    The one by RF?
    No actually of the 3 local LI ones, only the Farmingdale store on Rte110 showed stock -- then [made me mad]

[language edit -KR]
    Last edited by KRamsauer; 03/23/2005 at 03:42 PM.
    Joebar, watch the language.
    roger..

....... then they fouled me

roger..

I couldn't think of anything to put in there. That's actually quite good.
    roger..

Fouled in Farmingdale.

I was a Hick when I grew up on LI..... Moved to Westchester.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

yeah they fouled me good...

Where on LI did you grow up? The western side is practically NYC now...
    yeah they fouled me good...

Where on LI did you grow up? The western side is practically NYC now...
    Hick = Hicksville. Right on the border with Levittown. Midway between Jerusalem Avenue and Newbridge.

Live in Westchester now. Work in the city.
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Oh, thought you meant you were a "hick"

Know where the Levittown Pkwy pool is I assume? Just bought a house a block away from it in 2003. Grew up in Westbury (Salisbury area).
    Oh, thought you meant you were a "hick"

Know where the Levittown Pkwy pool is I assume? Just bought a house a block away from it in 2003. Grew up in Westbury (Salisbury area).
    yes, i lived about a 5 minute drive from there. Otherside of Newbridge, right by the pool by the West Village Green. I did the Boy Scout thing in the Levittown Hall by you.

My parents lived there until 4 years ago when they retired down "south"...
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

We have a few left in stock after filling our backorders. Same day shipping for orders placed by 3pm CST.

www.dpcomputerstore.com

Larry
    OK, after taking and then cancelling my order last week, PalmOne took another cradle order from me last night at about 2 am. It shipped this morning will arrive tommorrow.

The CSR woulkd not tell me anything about stock just telling me <wink, wink> that she was "suppossed to tell me 1 -3 weeks, but don't be surprised if it shows up much sooner". Methinks with all the vendors out there waiting for it , and including $33 prices on their web sites, Palm wants to grab as many $60 orders as they can while still being able to tell those waiting vendors they only have limited stock.
    Now I'll have 3 Treo charger cords and 2 sync cables.....one / one from the treo, one / one from the cradle and one from the Treo headset....hint PalmOne, just sell the cradle w/o all the goodies.
    My local CompUSA had two in stock; I picked up one this morning for $49.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast