Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by varoomba
    Tiffany,

I am sure you are a very wise lady, but please tell me why would I want to carry an iPod when I can just carry my T650 with PocketTunes? Why carry something else? Do you really listen to more than a gig of music on your iPod at a time?

What am I missing?
    I'm not Tiffany, but I will **** in and say that the Treo650, no matter what "tunes" player you use ain't no iPod. I have had a combination of all of these things, including the Audiovox SMT5600 (my last phone) that has Windows Media Player 10 on it that allows you to Sync with WM10 on the PC including DRM songs. It acts like an iPod in that way, but it still isn't an iPod. You gotta use the 2.5 to 3.5 mm adapter just like the Treo in order to use decent headphones and then you can't actually answer the phone with those headphones/earbuds like you can with the included hybrid earphones.

Sure, you can make your Treo650 work for you instead of an iPod and it at a basic level it does the same thing - plays music. But the iPod is just so good and easy at playing music it makes you want to listen to more music. I don't see the Treo650 doing that for me.

But hey, I also got 2 iPods for free. I imagine if I didn't have the free iPods I probably would be using the Treo for my music player at the healthclub...but man that would be awkward on my belt...
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    It's about time the cradle comes out. I'll probably drop by the Treo Store or PalmOne Cafe tomorrow and see if they have them in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    I *swear* to the Treo650 No Reset God that it was in stock when I looked...I guess maybe they did have some in stock and people here saw my link and snapped up their supply that quick!

Uh, yeah, that's it!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    The same reason you need an ipod
    to waste money?
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaver99
    to waste money?
    WINNAR!
    Tiffany,

please tell me why would I want to carry an iPod when I can just carry my T650 with PocketTunes? Why carry something else?

What am I missing?
    Every now and then my Treo 650 resets when a call comes in while I'm enjoying my PTunes music. Don't remember this happenning with my iPod.

I've said this before in another thread, people own iPods and/or Treos for their own personal reasons. Waste of time to try and compare these two beautiful gadgets.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Im gonna wait for Dan's also... I bought a sony 660 headset and 2 treo car chargers they came in less than 4 days!

WTG Dan's I think everyone should buy from him....
    Thanks for the info
    Not only is the price a rip-off, but so is forcing us to buy the travel charger and adapters to get the cradle. If I'm travelling, the last thing I'm going to haul around with me is a cradle. A nice small charger, or maybe even just a sync'n'charge cable is all the room I want to take up on a trip. The cradle's for stay-at-work (or home).

P1 just doesn't understand their own market.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I got a ? for ya,

I have the sprint case w/flip front protector & swivel clip connector,
    Would I have to take the treo out of the case to use the cradle or can I leave the case on?
    I don't think the Treo 600 would fit in the cradle while inside a case, so I doubt the 650 will. But until a few people actually get the cradles, we won't know for sure.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Not only is the price a rip-off, but so is forcing us to buy the travel charger and adapters to get the cradle. If I'm travelling, the last thing I'm going to haul around with me is a cradle. A nice small charger, or maybe even just a sync'n'charge cable is all the room I want to take up on a trip. The cradle's for stay-at-work (or home).

P1 just doesn't understand their own market.
    they understand their market. they just want to rip their market off.
    Quote Originally Posted by dethman
    they understand their market. they just want to rip their market off.
    LOL
    Tiffany,

I am sure you are a very wise lady, but please tell me why would I want to carry an iPod when I can just carry my T650 with PocketTunes? Why carry something else? Do you really listen to more than a gig of music on your iPod at a time?

What am I missing?
    I take it as a lighthearted jab at his name "metrosexual"....
    Tiffany,

What am I missing?
    Comparing the iPod with the Treo 650 with PTunes (as far as MP3s is concerned) is like comparing a Pinto with a Lamborghini. No contest!!!

First of all, yes, more than 1 gig is needed if you want to carry your entire MP3 collection with you, which the iPod affords. You dont have to pick and choose - you have it ALL at your fingertips, which completely changes the way you listen to music.

Second, the iPod interface to access music runs CIRCLES around anything the palmOS can deliver. And of course it should, cause its DESIGNED to be a music player. The iPod can also track contacts and calendar events, but in THAT comparison, the iPod ends up being the Pinto...

I loaded about 300MB of MP3s on my Treo just because RealPlayer is in ROM, and I might as well, since I have the room. But as I sat picking which songs I wanted from my 9GB collection (and believe me, my collection is TINY compared to many others) I realized carrying around the iPod was much better. So, the Treo will get me out of a jam (or into one ) when my iPod is not handy, but for MP3 management and enjoyment, the iPod has no rival.

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    For those in So Cal trying to avoid the shipping charge I was just at the Century City PalmOne store and they didn't have any cradles. The guy said he was told that they are being shipped to them now.
    Already BackOrdered!!!!!!!!
    I ordered one today and just recieved this email from palmOne:

"Thank you for shopping with palmOne Sales, your business is important
    to us. We received your order **************, which included backordered or advanced sale
    items that are unavailable for immediate shipment. Once the product
    is available for processing, you will receive a new order
    confirmation email. The following item(s) will be shipped when it is
    in stock.

Item: 1744270
    Description: PALM Treo 650 Cradle Kit
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 59.99"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I also just received that same email
    Whew. Glad I ordered when I did. I have an extra battery itching to get inside that cradle!!!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    I ordered and got an email that said shipped. Earlier today the status page said shipped, but the number didn't show up in Fedex. Now the front status page says shipped but the detailed status page says order received? WTF? I hope it really shipped but now I'm not so sure. If I manually type in the Fedex number I saw before it says invalid number.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast