1.    #1  
    I am currently with t-mobile, and I realize I could get an unlocked 650 and use it with t-mobile, but the internet is just too slow for me and the service isn't good enough. T-mobile hasn't made an announcement about their EDGE rollout yet, and I am getting impatient.

So here is what I basically want. The fastest internet possible for my 650 at the cheapest possible price (and good phone service).

Which would be the better option for me?
    sprintpcs?
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    I hear T-Mobile is planning EDGE rollout mid year. But if you can't wait and are going to switch to Sprint or Cingular, both are about the same speed in the 120-145kbps range. I think Sprint tops out a little higher sometimes but realistically it's a wash when it comes to speed.
    Cingular on GSM has the advantage of switching between data and voice calls faster than on Sprint's CDMA resulting in less missed calls. I also happen to think GSM (Cingular) call quality is better than Sprint, but that's just me.

Data Plan Prices:
    Sprint's unlimited data is $15/month (PCS Vision.)
    Cingular's unlimited data is $25/month (MedaNet.)

Cingular's Treo650 (locked, from Cingular) $550, or $400 w/ mail in rebate.
    Sprint's Treo 650 (online price) $420, possibly even $275 if this deal is still on http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=compusa
    Or PalmOne unlocked at $700

Sounds like Sprint wins hands down on price.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    keep in mind that with Cingular. you will be paying $39.99 a month for unlimited data?!??!?!?!?!??!?!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    keep in mind that with Cingular. you will be paying $39.99 a month for unlimited data?!??!?!?!?!??!?!
    I thought the $25/month mediaworks plan works instead. Can anyone confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    What? No. I just said in my post immediately above yours that it's $25/month for MediaNet Unlimited data.
    MEdia Net - 500 KB/month $4.99
    MEdia Net - 3 MB/month $9.99
    MEdia Net - 8 MB/month $19.99
    MEdia Net - Unlimited $24.99
    And yes, it's available for the Treo 650. Go to the web site, put the 650 in the card, and MediaNet $25 is an add on option (the $40 isn't even listed.)
    The $40 plan is for business suckers.

I have Media Works $20, but the new Media Works plans are no longer unlimited internet data. So $25 Media Net is the best deal for Cing.

To recap:
    "MEdia Net" is a data plan from $25(unlimited) -to- $5.00 (500kb)
    "Media Works" is a "media package" that includes data, SMS, and MMS. $20
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  7.    #7  
    thanks taylor. so, if sprintpcs is the better deal, what made you decide to go with cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsickz
    ...So here is what I basically want. The fastest internet possible for my 650 at the cheapest possible price (and good phone service).

Which would be the better option for me?
    It depends on who has the better coverage in your area. GSM has some advantages over CDMA as far as data transmission is concerned, but if you have poor GSM coverage where you live, then its pointless. If they have similar coverage, GSM is a better choice. With unlimited data plans you can have your connection on all day, and it wont interfere as much with your voice calls coming in.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    It depends on who has the better coverage in your area. GSM has some advantages over CDMA as far as data transmission is concerned, but if you have poor GSM coverage where you live, then its pointless. If they have similar coverage, GSM is a better choice. With unlimited data plans you can have your connection on all day, and it wont interfere as much with your voice calls coming in.
    Ummm as discussed on another thread, thats pretty much an old wive's tale. If the data connection is on, and the bars are green, no calls are gonna come in on either GSM or CDMA. If the bars are gray, calls ARE gonna come in on either. Time to put this urban myth to bed.

Check out this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=74217