Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Hi

    I have problems with my treo 650:

    1. I can't browse on my service provider website: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com

    The other sites work no problem

    If anybody have same problem?
    Please let me know

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tashkent
    Hi

    I have problems with my treo 650:

    1. I can't browse on my service provider website: http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com

    The other sites work no problem

    If anybody have same problem?
    Please let me know

    Thanks
    I have the exact same problem. I know others on Rogers can browse the http://mymobilehomepage.rogers.com site so this must be fixable somehow. Have you tried phoning Rogers yet? (I figure something needs to be reset by them, but I'm guessing.)

    I did get the page once actually. Originally I couldn't get net access at all, then I phoned Rogers and they needed to reset my data package and I was able to get on the page, but since then I haven't been able to get on. Please post anything you find out.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  3. #3  
    Update - I phoned Rogers tonight and the technical support person I dealt with was an ***** and said "a treo isn't supposed to access that page it's for WAP" except that it's the portal for small device optimized sites and I've seen the page load on my Treo previously and other (hofo to be specific) said it works on their 650.

    I didn't feel like arguing so I'll just spin the CSR roulette wheel again tomorrow if I get a chance. Tomorrow or wednesday. If anyone else on Rogers who's had problems with this and gets it resolved please post. Cheers.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  4. #4  
    I am using an unlocked 650 on Rogers, I had problems with SMS at first but Rogers mobile site worked fine, to fix the SMS problem they sent a rest and asked me to power my phone back on and everything works fine now....I can access the mobile page and sms works like it should.
  5. #5  
    http//mymobilehomepage.rogers.com/ is actually my default homepage (I appear to have a Rogers Treo 650), so anyone that tells you that you can't get it on a treo is wrong.

    it acually recognized that I am on my treo and gives me a different page than when I go to the same site on my other phones (ie, no download games/pics/vids/ringtones links, just the business and whatnot links)

    call up data at 1-888-???-DATA and they can fix it for you. (I can't remember those middle three numbers )
    Soylent Green Is People

    My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillin_
    http//mymobilehomepage.rogers.com/ is actually my default homepage (I appear to have a Rogers Treo 650), so anyone that tells you that you can't get it on a treo is wrong.

    it acually recognized that I am on my treo and gives me a different page than when I go to the same site on my other phones (ie, no download games/pics/vids/ringtones links, just the business and whatnot links)

    call up data at 1-888-???-DATA and they can fix it for you. (I can't remember those middle three numbers )
    931
  7. #7  
    Ya I just got a bad tech last night and I didn't feel like explaining to him that he was wrong. Thanks everyone for the input. I'll call again today and get it sorted out. (I know it works because it worked once on my phone. Obviously something need to be reset.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  8. #8  
    WOW! I called again and got the same answer from yesterday! WTF! They just keep telling me that I shouldn't get that page if I'm connecting through Internet.com, you get it only if you connect through goam.com. I also said others with the same phone did get no problem and he said "they must not have the right data plan." I don't know.

    tashkent you're the only one who like me seems to be having this problem. Have you tried calling Rogers? Have you resolved this issue? I'd love to know what they told you, or if you got it resolved how so I can explain to Rogers tech how to fix it form myself.

    (Stupidly I shouldn't care that much because it's not like I would use that page a lot I assume, but it bugs me feeling like I'm not getting something I'm entitled to get. Should I really care. Is mymobilehomepage.rogers.com so cool that it's worth all this aggrevation?)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Is mymobilehomepage.rogers.com so cool that it's worth all this aggrevation?)
    No! , I'm just happy the Treo650 works with Rogers...no problems yet over the past week...I find that page annoying.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    No! , I'm just happy the Treo650 works with Rogers...no problems yet over the past week...I find that page annoying.
    Just wonder which rogers package you guys usually join to have the internet connectivity on your 650? For those 5Mb plan, will it be easily reach it and unlimited plan seems expensive.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson
    Just wonder which rogers package you guys usually join to have the internet connectivity on your 650? For those 5Mb plan, will it be easily reach it and unlimited plan seems expensive.
    Right now I'm on the Plus plan which is $40 a month for 7mb with $6/mb for overage. (Look at our American cousins laughing at us!) The Good thing is I checked the fine print and the overage charge is pro-rated to nearest kb just like the consumer plans.

    Of course I fully expect to go over but when I phoned the Rogers sales rep said they had a special on right now where you get 3 months of unlimited data on the Plus plan, Max plan ($60 a month for 15mb with $5/mb for overage), and Data 100 plan ($100 a month for 100mb with $3/mb for overage) so I'm going to look at usuage over next 3 months and then change my plan to the appropriate one when the time comes. (And I'm glad it's 3 months because this first month I'm playing a lot and I don't think it will be typical usuage for me.)

    There are also Blackberry plans that are different. One of those is $60 a month for unlimited data but it has a little asterix saying if you use more than 25mb a month they reserve the right to charge you $7/mb for everything over 25mb. I don't know if they have/do charge but the other problem with the Blackberry plan is you must sign a 2 year contract and I'm out of contract at the end of the month. I'd like to keep it that way until I need something from Rogers. I'll sign a contract when they have something juicy to offer me. (Blackberry plan isn't juicy enough.)

    As for mymobilehomepage.rogers.com, if all else fails I'll wait till Rogers sells these puppies in a month or so and then I'll phone again when they "officially" support it and ask them to fix the issue. For this problem I can wait a month or two from the sounds of it. (I'm always on Treocentral anyway.)

    You know considering what I pay Rogers every month they really should bend over backwards to make me happy. I've also converted so many of my friends to them. Ah, they don't care!

    Anyone know of Scotiabank has a site optimized for a mobile browser?
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  12. #12  
    Speaking of data usuage, anyone know where/how you check your data usuage on a daily basis to monitor it? (Let me guess, through mymobilehomepage.rogers.com.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Speaking of data usuage, anyone know where/how you check your data usuage on a daily basis to monitor it? (Let me guess, through mymobilehomepage.rogers.com.)
    I am using TrafficeStat v4.1 to monitor my data usage. It can monitor mulitple data connections. Don't know why I am using it becuz I have Fido's unlimited data package.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    I am using TrafficeStat v4.1 to monitor my data usage. It can monitor mulitple data connections. Don't know why I am using it becuz I have Fido's unlimited data package.
    Fido has an unlimited data package! How much is it? Maybe I should switch to Fido. (I can an extra $5 for Roaming on Rogers network.) Mmmmm does Fido have EDGE?

    EDIT: Thank you redcap for the tip about TrafficeStat v4.1 maybe I'll give that a try if Rogers can't do it for me. (It's funny I found a way to see how much Internet I use with my highspeed cable connection. I personally have no use for that.)
    Last edited by Boobookins; 02/22/2005 at 07:53 PM.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  15. #15  
    I also took the 3 months unlimited to test things and will decide later what package to go with, at this time Rogers has everybody by the ball's with their outrageous rates for data...

    **One other problem i have had when sending SMS from my Rogers connection to a Fido customer they tell me the time is wrong...like 2 hours ahead...anybody else have this problem?

    I am using Smartphonetools to track my minutes and data but I dont think the data tracking is 100% accurate, the devoloper tells me some Palm apps do not disconnect properly and you may download more data later and it wont be tracked...
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Fido has an unlimited data package! How much is it? Maybe I should switch to Fido. (I can an extra $5 for Roaming on Rogers network.) Mmmmm does Fido have EDGE?
    For 50.00 cdn/month, you get unlimited data connection across Canada and the USA (no roaming charges). No EDGE on Fido. I find my 600 pretty fast on the regular GPRS connection.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Fido has an unlimited data package! How much is it? Maybe I should switch to Fido. (I can an extra $5 for Roaming on Rogers network.) Mmmmm does Fido have EDGE?
    i am too on fido and paying $50 for unlimited data and since you can roam for free on the fido footprint on rogers i am getting EDGE form rogers.

    so go for $70 unlimited calls $50 unlimited data
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by je1000
    i am too on fido and paying $50 for unlimited data and since you can roam for free on the fido footprint on rogers i am getting EDGE form rogers.

    so go for $70 unlimited calls $50 unlimited data
    I hope you are using a 650 unit. This Fido footprint on Rogers' network is free only for a limited time offer. I believe starting in March 2005, you will have to pay additional cost to use Rogers' network. For Rogers customers, they are free to use Fido's network.
  19. #19  
    FYI, I found a bug with TrafficStat 4.1. If it is enabled it blocks the sending and receiving of MMS messages (at least on T-Mobile). I emailed the developer and they confirmed that this has been reported on the 600 also. They said they are working on a fix but no date was given for it. I've turned mine off for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by redcap
    I am using TrafficeStat v4.1 to monitor my data usage. It can monitor mulitple data connections. Don't know why I am using it becuz I have Fido's unlimited data package.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  20. #20  
    What is Smartphonetools and where did you get it?

    Quote Originally Posted by timexx8
    I am using Smartphonetools to track my minutes and data but I dont think the data tracking is 100% accurate, the devoloper tells me some Palm apps do not disconnect properly and you may download more data later and it wont be tracked...
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions