Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know if this is just me. The seidio headsets work well for about 2-3 months and then inexplicably go bad. The latest retractable one I got december has gone bad . I can't hear out of one of the ear, the on/off button does not work and the audio goes in and out like its loose. If I wiggle it it works for a little bit and then doesn't...

anyone else have such problems with the seidio 2-in-1 headset?
    Please contact rma@seidio.com for exchange.

Sorry for the problem.

Seidio
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for replying.

I bought it through the treocentral store and the one I have was a replacement for the previous one that went bad (there was a recall for exposed wired). So I am told that I can't return it. But I am really bothered that the replacement also went bad in 2-3 months. Is that the expected lifetime for these headsets?

For anyone out there who is thinking of the seidio 2-in-1 retractable please be forewarned I have had the same experience with 2 of them and I can't think this is a problems specific to me because I took very good care of the headsets.

I don't know if seidio will still replace the headset if I send it to them.But I can't find any alternative to seidio except for getting a adapter and my regular stereo headphones.

Anyone with this headset please share your experience.
    The only alternative I know of is the palm hybrid headset, have you given that a shot? I receive mine next week.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    The only alternative I know of is the palm hybrid headset, have you given that a shot? I receive mine next week.
    I have the PalmOne branded headset and I use it for calls, watching movies and tv shows as well as listening to MP3's.

I think it does well at all three. For calls I appreciate the extra ear piece over a single standard hands free. I am an aircraft mechanic and have bad ears, so it helps.

Works perfectly as a set if headphones for music. I am no audiophile, but feel they sound good.

I would recommend it in a second, very good quality and performance, perhaps a bit spendy as I paid $30 for it, but no worries, you get what you pay for most times and this is a nice headset.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I have the PalmOne branded headset and I use it for calls, watching movies and tv shows as well as listening to MP3's.

I think it does well at all three. For calls I appreciate the extra ear piece over a single standard hands free. I am an aircraft mechanic and have bad ears, so it helps.

Works perfectly as a set if headphones for music. I am no audiophile, but feel they sound good.

I would recommend it in a second, very good quality and performance, perhaps a bit spendy as I paid $30 for it, but no worries, you get what you pay for most times and this is a nice headset.

Cheers

Great, thanks for the mini-review, I'm no audiophile either and all I was looking for was decent quality for both listening to MP3s and making calls. Look forward to receiving it.

btw, Dans Cellular has them for $15.75 + shipping.
    1 | 2
    I have the Seidio 2-in-1 adapter for about 6 months and haven't had problems with it. People can hear me fine and it has worked well. I am using the one where I can use any headphone of mine with it:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../12-45--48.htm

To make it work better I modified a set of headphones I use all the time to have a 2 inch long cord so the microphone of the Seidio adapter hangs just down about even with my mouth. It works great that way for both music and as a headphone for calls:

http://www.noisygecko.com/Projects/T...JPG/photo_view

I always use a Radio Shack over-the-head headset with boom microphone in the car. With that, people can't even tell I am in my car.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  8.    #8  
    palm hybrid set does not work with treo 600 . So I am out of luck. I can't bring myself to buy anything that seidio makes because of my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs123
    Thanks for replying.

I bought it through the treocentral store and the one I have was a replacement for the previous one that went bad (there was a recall for exposed wired). So I am told that I can't return it. But I am really bothered that the replacement also went bad in 2-3 months. Is that the expected lifetime for these headsets?

For anyone out there who is thinking of the seidio 2-in-1 retractable please be forewarned I have had the same experience with 2 of them and I can't think this is a problems specific to me because I took very good care of the headsets.

I don't know if seidio will still replace the headset if I send it to them.But I can't find any alternative to seidio except for getting a adapter and my regular stereo headphones.

Anyone with this headset please share your experience.
    Hi,

Please contact rma@seidio.com. We will replace it.

Seidio
    mattyparanoid I have the palm headset also and it does work great for music and calls but one thing that I noticed is that when the phone is sleep and you wake it up you get a really anoying pop in the headset.. have you noticed this or is it just me..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    hi seidioseidio,
    this is Matthew from Malaysia.
    I still haven't received the Treo600 cigarette charger from u yet. I emailed u but u simply choosed to ignore my emails.
    i'm sick and tired of dealing with u for over 6 months still I can't get what I paid for.
    could u pls kindly let me know here if I still get my replacement and the shipment tracking no. or do I just have to consider myself bad luck to spend my $$ on your products?
    pls kindly reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by vkchengm
    hi seidioseidio,
    this is Matthew from Malaysia.
    I still haven't received the Treo600 cigarette charger from u yet. I emailed u but u simply choosed to ignore my emails.
    i'm sick and tired of dealing with u for over 6 months still I can't get what I paid for.
    could u pls kindly let me know here if I still get my replacement and the shipment tracking no. or do I just have to consider myself bad luck to spend my $$ on your products?
    pls kindly reply!
    If you can email me the information including your address, I will look into it tomorrow

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    mattyparanoid I have the palm headset also and it does work great for music and calls but one thing that I noticed is that when the phone is sleep and you wake it up you get a really anoying pop in the headset.. have you noticed this or is it just me..
    I have the 650 and the Seidio and it does the same popping sound. Its more the Treo than the headset.

The Palm one looks okay... however it doesn't have the analog volume control like the Seidio unit does...

So far the Seidio unit has worked okay... however the earbuds are VERY uncomfortable and I get ear fatigue pretty easily with them. Any suggestions?
    cool so atleast I know that this isn't something that I was just going through. and I feel you about the earbuds being uncomftorable..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I have a Seidio 2 in 1 retractable headset. I love it. So far I do not have any problem with it.
    I looked at the hybrid one from Plamone, however, it does not have

1) Volume control
    2) It is not retractable

I do not like to deal with the tangled wires.

As far the performance, Seidio and Palm one are about the same. Great for voice , ok for music (compared to stereo headphone). I guess the 2 in1 does have its limitation on music. Seidio has a 2 in1 adaptor which can give you a very good music (I have this one too).

just my opinion.
    $20 shipped
    PM Me if interested.
    I have detailed files.
    This is uncanny. I do not have the retractable headset but my regular seidio 2-in-1 suffers from similar problems. No sound through one ear and I have to wiggle. I can't get it replaced because I am on the second replacement. I use it daily for commuting but it still does not explain it going bad in 3 months. I bought this from treocentral store as well. Please help on how I can get it resolved. I don't want to plunk down the money once again to get 2 in 1 headset?. I have already spent 29.95 plus shipping for something that I only got to use for 3 months.

SeidioSeidio:- Do you work for the company or are you just someone who happens to have chosen their name as your id?.
    I have the palmone hybrid as well. It's pretty basic & does the trick. Although the other day all of a sudden the sound in the left ear was very weak. I thought oh no another treo 650 gone bad?! Then I figured out the problem; I had my profiles app set to my silent or mute ALL sounds profile. This for some reason causes the left earphone do get real faint. This may or may not be your problem...
  19.    #19  
    narunaa- contact rma@seidio.com explaining your situation and they will get back to you with how to return it for a replacement.CC dsc@seidio.com (seidioseidio) who has been very helpful in getting it resolved for me.

eventhough the product has been bad for me..iam glad that they atleast have good cudtomer service.Iam hoping they give me a troublefree headset this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs123
    narunaa- contact rma@seidio.com explaining your situation and they will get back to you with how to return it for a replacement.CC dsc@seidio.com (seidioseidio) who has been very helpful in getting it resolved for me.

eventhough the product has been bad for me..iam glad that they atleast have good cudtomer service.Iam hoping they give me a troublefree headset this time.
    thanks I will try this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast